#162 - Motion

Enter our forum competitions here
Janice Freeman
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer
Spam Protection: No

#162 - Motion

Post by Janice Freeman »

Its getting harder to choose a subject, however, we have just had time, so let's try motion to go with it! Anything at all concerned with motion in one form or another! As always have fun. Entries will close on 21st Feb at Midnight.

Janice. :-d :-d :-d
"A good snapshot stops a moment from running away" Eudora Welty
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: #162 - Motion

Post by John »

028-Flight-of-the-Great-Tit.jpg
028-Flight-of-the-Great-Tit.jpg (240.26 KiB) Viewed 10847 times
Flight of the Great Tit
Best regards

John
melbarnes
Vice Chair
Vice Chair

Post by melbarnes »

Somersaults on the summer salts --- we came across this guy on the beach in Goa with 2 of his mates and he was just performing forward flips one after the other - fully dressed in 35 degree heat!
MOTION.jpg
MOTION.jpg (239.2 KiB) Viewed 10834 times
"Aim for the moon - if you miss you'll land amongst the stars."
bazzasmeg
Photographer
Photographer

Post by bazzasmeg »

Moving water, with plenty of motion
Attachments
Moving Water.jpg
Moving Water.jpg (411.14 KiB) Viewed 10820 times
stopher002
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by stopher002 »

Throwing darts and taking pictures at the same time
Attachments
98752796412.jpg
98752796412.jpg (206.02 KiB) Viewed 10809 times
mikeaspinall
Master Photographer
Master Photographer
Spam Protection: Maybe

Post by mikeaspinall »

MOVEMENT.jpg
MOVEMENT.jpg (149.83 KiB) Viewed 10793 times
gwenbarnes
Initiate
Initiate

Post by gwenbarnes »

Village sports day on New Year's Day in India.
IMG_8462.jpg
IMG_8462.jpg (432.5 KiB) Viewed 10774 times
johnjm
Initiate
Initiate

Post by johnjm »

Etherow Country Park
Attachments
Etherow.jpg
Etherow.jpg (181 KiB) Viewed 10684 times
Gordon Armstrong
Chair
Chair

Post by Gordon Armstrong »

walking past.jpg
walking past.jpg (286.71 KiB) Viewed 10655 times
This is my attempt from the trafford centre visit.

(I don't expect to win but I will be away from the internet for a week from Monday morning)
"People say that nothing is impossible, but some times I can do nothing all day"

Gordon
Tracey McGovern
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by Tracey McGovern »

Askrigg Falls - Higher Fall
Attachments
IMG_5051-B&W-v1-web.jpg
IMG_5051-B&W-v1-web.jpg (288.48 KiB) Viewed 10641 times
Janice Freeman
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by Janice Freeman »

John - Flight of the Great Tit: No doubt about the motion in this image! Quite an intriguing abstract image which gives a fair hint at what the subject matter is. Only my opinion but I would have liked the colours of the bird to have been a little stronger - with perhaps not quite so much blur. It does appeal to me.

Mel - Somersaults: I like the way that this has been captured and put together as a Tryptych. Not Motion blur, but very obvious what is happening, so its OK that the figure is stic in the air! Figure stands out well agains the background and I love the tight little shadows which have been created by the overhead sun.

Bazzasmeg - Moving water: A nice composition which sets off the flowing water against the static elements in the image. Where the water has gathered as white foam, it appears to be just a little blown. The red leaves in the water add that little splash of colour.

Stopher - Throwing Darts: Not sure how this has been done, but looks like its heading for the perfect score. The impression of motion is there however I would have expected to see some motion on the dart which is in the air. I like this shot and it suits the monochrome.

Mike - Motorbike. A colourful image with the orange standing out against the background. The motion can be seen through the wheels and on the ground and grass. Not to sure about what I believe is a vignette blur (forgive me if I am wrong) The riders face can be clearly seen and there is a nice little reflection on the wet track.

Gwen - Village Sports: A Joyful picture with plenty of colours - which are complimentary. Motion has been well caught in the little girl who is running - leg nicely off the ground and hair flowing. I like the angle at which it has been taken, showing the run-up to the pile of parcels.

JohnJM - Etherow Country Park: A nice shot of the overflow showing the water draining away, however, obviously taken on a day which was very bright, causing the water to be overexposed. The shot has, however, retained some of the texture of the water, shows good motion and suits the monochrome.

Gordon -Trafford Centre: An overwhelming place to try and photograph! I like the idea of the ghostly figures, however, feel that the palm tree and the fronds just cause a distraction from the main element. Perhaps a different or lower point of view could have eliminated them? I love the idea though of the static mannequins in the window and the shoppers rushing by.

Tracey - Askrigg Falls, Higher Fall. A nice shot of the falls with the smooth water from the long exposure flowing into the churning mass at the bottom. Slight burn-out in the centre, but love the way the line of the falls takes your eye through the image.

How hard is it to pick 1,2,3 from these??? This set of images has shown me that the notion of motion (!) can be depicted in many ways. All I can do is go with my first reaction as I looked at each image - so here goes

3. Gwen Barnes
- the sheer joy and suggested motion in this just captured me.

2. Stopher - Something quite different, set up or not - a clever image from my point of view

1 Mel Barnes, Love the way that you have seen and captured the sequence of the somersault with this tryptych.

There it's done! A great set of images - I did not want to choose!!! Well done and thank you for your entries. Over to you Mel for the next subject.
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

Fantastic! Great to see so many really good entries. Thanks Janice, congratulations to all our winners and over to Mel!
Best regards

John
stopher002
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by stopher002 »

Hi Janice

Not sure how this has been done, but looks like its heading for the perfect score

Turn the image through 90 degrees (dartboard on the floor) set camera manual setting & speed light
Now start to drop the 3rd dart time after time, after time etc, until you get the shot. Nothing clever
I could of told you I throw the dart and took the shot at the same time, but not that good at photography or darts. LOL

have a go its fun to play

Chris
Janice Freeman
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by Janice Freeman »

Thanks Chris, It looks like fun. Very inventive.

Janice.