Competition #1 Transport

Enter our forum competitions here
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Competition #1 Transport

Post by John »

Now we have 46 members on line, time for a competition I think.

The idea is to post in this thread one image on the subject, which this time is "Transport".

The competition is open to everyone. Image size should be ideally no more than 600 pixels wide, to avoid scrolling. No other comments in the thread please, just images with details as you wish.

So very few rules, just a chance to win the kudos of winning! Deadline will be a week on Sunday 21st October at midnight.

Then I will judge the images and declare a winner. The wimmer will set the next competition and judge it, and so on.....

We'll see how quick;y entries get posted and then we can judge how often to run this - every week, every 2 weeks, every month, as demand requires!

Have fun and good luck!
Best regards

John
Lee Bold
Photographer
Photographer

Post by Lee Bold »

Taken at wigan north western station
keith richardson
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by keith richardson »

Andy's Big Bike.
sunsworth
Photographer
Photographer

Post by sunsworth »

Berlin, just around the corner from my hotel...

Theo Dibbits
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by Theo Dibbits »

Here is my contribution

Theo
Julie Scollon
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Julie Scollon »

Don't know if I'm doing this right but here goes.....
Julie
pammie
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by pammie »

sunsworth
Photographer
Photographer

Post by sunsworth »

I think this is Pammie's photograph...

Walter Brooks
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by Walter Brooks »

Tom Gerrard

Post by Tom Gerrard »

Ferry 'cross The Mersey

[img][img]http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff13 ... ss-bbb.jpg[/img][/img]
markculshaw

Post by markculshaw »

TerryMooney

Post by TerryMooney »

I'm Abandoned in Oxford - City of Bicyles - Maybe My Owner has been Sentdown !
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

Midnight has struck and the first Forumn Competition is now closed.

I will post the verdict tomorrow evening and the winner can then set the next competition.

Many thanks to everyone who entered.
Best regards

John
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

Paul Jones has given us a gorgeous scene, full of evening warmth. An unusual composition with the canoe leaving the bottom of the frame, but it gives a sense of transport coupled with the feeling that soon this scene will be empty, the canoe having acrried us away. A magnificent shot and my winner!

Lee Bold - I like the idea of the train leaving the frame - thank goodness it's moving over to one side and will miss us...I do think it needs more contrast and "bite", especially in the background. But a great idea.

Keith Richardson has a terrific style and we will be seeing more of his technique when he presents an evening later in the syllabus. I really like that colour tinge! Perhaps the top of the frame is slightly less interesting? Beautiful technique.

sunsworth never idsappoints with his fine images and this one is sharp, detailed and has excellent colour and composition. Second place

Theo Dibbits - Very nice placement of the baloon in the space between the tree tops and excellent colour. I might think about cropping the top slightly.

Julie Scollon - As always, a superb graphic design, also coupled here with distinctive and attractive colour. Nice one.

Tom Gerrard - A bold, colourful shot and a worthy third place

Walter has had a great idea here. The reproduction is not very good because of technical problems, but leaving that aside I think the colour could be perhaps bolder. It would be interesting as a monthly competition entry - I think it could do very well.

pammie has also had technical problems posting, so again looking beyond that we have a very well arranged and colourful scene. Everything balances around the central horizon, which doesn't disturb me the way it disturbs some judges! Apart from the unfortunate pixellation, this as a sharp image gets a commended

markculshaw has also gone for monochrome. I'm not sure that a portrait quite fulfills "transport" but I can see where he's coming from. Nicely done candid shot. The two white areas that bleed out of the sides of the image could do with holding in. Perhaps a fine black line stroked round the edge would help.

TerryMooney got into the competition by the skin of his teeth! But it was worth the race against time as it's an interesting and unusual shot. Good colour and technicaql quality, but this transport ain't going anywhere, nor has it been for some time. Do you have the bike now, Terry? :lol:

That's it! Well done all and congrats to our winners.

I now invite Paul to make a new thread and set a new competition, and in due course to do the judging. Would a deadline of two weeks hence be long enough for everyone?
Best regards

John