Competition #9 - Portraits

Enter our forum competitions here
sunsworth
Photographer
Photographer

Re: Competition #9 - Portraits

Post by sunsworth »

Thanks Paul for the considered verdict, and congratulations to Bert. I look forward to the next subject.

Paul, I take lots of terrible photographs, the trick is not to let anyone see them <grin>
kezzalou
Initiate
Initiate

Post by kezzalou »

Thanks Paul. My first competition entry ever, so very pleased.
Congratulations to Bert and Steve, great pictures.
Kerri :-d
bert haddock
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by bert haddock »

Hi folks,
Thanks for all your kind comments and special thanks to Paul. I agree with Paul about the on camera flash , I was sat with Amir
at a amateur boxing competition and we where waiting for one of the bouts to end and for me to take photos of Amir presenting the trophies, I took the shot just to check the camera settings, I usually delete the test shots but I liked it and so did Amir so I decided to keep it.
Thanks again ,
Bert.
The theme I have chosen for the next competition is reflections.
Tracey McGovern
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by Tracey McGovern »

Hi Paul

Thank you for taking the time to add comment to each image and I appreciate the comments you made about my attempt. I think adding comments like that is an excellent idea, it not only helps to understand why a judge would chose a particular shot but it will certainly help me to see where I am gone wrong. I hope other judges will do the same.
Tracey
Paul Jones
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer
Spam Protection: No

Post by Paul Jones »

Tracey McGovern wrote: Thank you for taking the time to add comment to each image and I appreciate the comments you made about my attempt. I think adding comments like that is an excellent idea, it not only helps to understand why a judge would chose a particular shot but it will certainly help me to see where I am gone wrong. I hope other judges will do the same.
Thanks Tracey. I hope so too. :D
Paul
================
http://www.PaulJones.org

"As usual Paul is absolutely correct."
"In short, Paul is an absolutely brilliant mentor."
Andy C
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Andy C »

Paul, really appreciated your thoughts on all the entries. Its give me more idea of where I should be going with my pictures (not sure if i can call them photographs yet :-d ). As I have mentioned elsewhere I am fairly new to photography, so my collection of images is very restricted. I was hesitant to submit a photo as everyone else's looked so good, but I thought what the heck ive got to start somewhere. The image I used was one of my son that I had being using to learn about photoshop from magazine tutourials, hence the theme.