Best wishes

Sue
mister
Initiate
Initiate

Re: Competition # 25 MOTION

Post by mister »

John – Flight of the great tit
Interesting shot, I’m a big fan of wildlife, particularly birds, definitely cant say this wasn’t moving, though I would have liked to see a little more detail in either the bird or the background

Myra – Fountains Abbey
Nice sharp image with the two ghostly figures, colour temperature and saturation is nice, I like this one

Paul Jones – Shower
Nice black & white nude, water must have been on the cool side ☺, it’s sharp where it counts and not too much blur from the water, gives a real sense of water movement. I like the way this is cropped as it takes the emphasis away from her face and onto the water. Great picture.

Mike – Natural History Museum
I like the position this image was taken from, colour saturation is good and I like the way you’ve shown both still and moving people. I do like this picture.

Tracey – Glen Nevis, Scotland
This is a very well balanced image, the long exposure is perfect in my opinion, plenty of detail, the way you’ve cropped it makes me wonder what else is upstream. Well done.

Des – Sway of Larch Trees
Nice colourful image, very arty, in my opinion the exposure is a little too long, I just wonder what it would look like if reduced a little.

Redshanksnapper – Manchester Velodrome
I like this one, the background, wheels and his legs show motion blur very well while there is plenty of detail in his face and upper body this really gives a sense of which parts of his body are working to make him move, my only criticism is that the back wheel isn’t entirely in the frame. Great first entry

Andy C – Light Trails
A good long exposure and definitely shows movement though personally I think it’s a little too bright, not sure what caused the smoke type effect on the far left which detracts your eye from the purpose of the image which is a shame.

Pammie – Fairy Glenn
HaHa I don’t want to know which parts where black and blue. The moss covered rock is nice and sharp, good colour in the leaves, not sure what the white parts of the image are which is a shame as I’d like to know what’s moving.

Cookie – Untitled
This reminds me of when I was at school and laser pens were in fashion or the bright lights of a local fair at night, there’s a good range of colour, I’d like to know what it is.

Keith Richardson – Flying Machines
I really like this one, the location is excellent, plenty of colour from the autumn leaves, the way you’ve merged multiple exposures here works well and the later shots of the rider are blurred just enough to show movement. Great shot.

Barry – Owl
A barn owl I think? This must have been very difficult to capture, I like the depth of field and subject fills most of the frame. Nice shot, this is a picture I’d be proud to have taken, fantastic!

Sunsworth – Skating
What an interesting location, I like the way the figure in the foreground is that much sharper then the rest of the image including the other skater, I think black and white was a good choice.

Dick Hankin – A lively part of a quiet brook
Water is a great example of movement, this is emphasised by the movement over the rocks, it’s a shame there’s a shadow of a railing in the lower part of the image, and I just wonder what it would have looked like if taken closer to the water rather than from above.

Tony Lee – untitled
Another good example of movement showing both still and moving people, would have been nice to see the people a little closer. Good photo

Sue – Untitled
I really like this one, there’s nothing to distract your eye from the moving water, well exposed, the two rocks and reflections work well, fantastic.

So here are my choices –
3rd – Keith Richardson
2nd – Sue
1st – Barry

It was very difficult to choose between Barry and Sue, though the owl was a good subject, so it’s over to Barry to choose the topic of the next competition. Well done, Barry for a fantastic picture!

Judging this was really difficult I hope none of my comments have offended anyone, just my personal preference

R

Mark
>-----------------------------------------------<
http://www.flickr.com/photos/marklovatt
bazzasmeg
Photographer
Photographer

Re: Competition # 25 MOTION

Post by bazzasmeg »

Mark,

Thanks for the comments. I must admit the hardest part of taking this picture was avoiding the heads of the people watching the display at Thorp Perow where this was taken ! Thank goodness for the zoom lense and the higher ISO....

Regards, Barry