COMPETITION # 27 : MY CAR

Enter our forum competitions here
keith richardson
Committee Member
Committee Member

COMPETITION # 27 : MY CAR

Post by keith richardson »

I am sure that some of you will no doubt be expecting me to go straight in for the obvious and set a competition for HDR to see how well you are using the Photomatix program and how well you took in my talk earlier this year.
But I will resist the temptation (for now), mainly because I think it would be unfair to anyone who didn't buy the program and for any newcomers.
But you can use use it anyway as it could be helpful if used correctly for this competition which is ...

MY CAR.

By that i dont want you all following my little Astra down the street everytime I park up, I mean your own car, or van or bus or tank, whatever you drive.
You can just pick out a detail of the car, a landscape with it in, whizzing across the desert at full stretch or even with you sprawled unclad across the bonnet, the choice is entirely yours. And it shouldn't matter what type of car you drive.

Closing date will be midnight on Monday December 22.

Good luck and merry christmas.

Keith.keith richardson

Private messageE-mailWebsite
pammie
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Re: COMPETITION # 27 : MY CAR

Post by pammie »

Well I drove across the desert, then got undressed and sprawled across the bonnet.... but then I couldn't reach the shutter button.....so I will try and think of something more practical to enter... :lol:
Tracey McGovern
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by Tracey McGovern »

Do you know Pammie - I did exactly the same, great minds and all that. I too will get my thinking cap on. Hahaha...!!!!
Tracey
Tom Gerrard

Post by Tom Gerrard »

Pammie & Tracey

There are few of us who sit at the front of the ADAPS clubroom know a man who, if you were to get undressed and sprawl over anything, would ‘reach your shutter button’.

Cheers, Tom.
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

My Car only in my disjointed dreams:
Attachments
012-My-Car-in-My-Dreams.jpg
012-My-Car-in-My-Dreams.jpg (220.92 KiB) Viewed 7976 times
Best regards

John
Sue
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by Sue »

My Car
Attachments
SUE2.jpg
SUE2.jpg (220.53 KiB) Viewed 7964 times
Best wishes

Sue
Mike
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer
Spam Protection: No

Post by Mike »

Was torn here but here goes with this shot!

--------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Cookie
Photographer
Photographer

Post by Cookie »

Thought I would show the engine in mine..... Even I could change the spark plugs in this one.. Oh for simplicity :roll:
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

Closing date for this has come and gone, so hopefully Keith will be around soon to do his judging!
Best regards

John
keith richardson
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by keith richardson »

Hi everyone, and merry christmas..

I set this as a subject for the competition because I thought that it would be interesting to find a subject where it would be harder to just delve into your photo archives for a suitable shot. Despite the fact that after your house your car is probably the most expensive thing you will buy, (unless you like Leicas), very few of us will have pictures of our cars. So I thought it would be a good exercise to have to think of something from scratch.
I did however forget to take into account the time of year and that with christmas racing down on us it would be hard pressed to find the time to do any of that, which I think is probably the best reason for the low entry level.
Still never mind, lets get on with the judging....

John.
I like this one, I have to admit that i didn't on first viewing, but it does tend to grow on you and I like the subtle tonal variations that you have in the paintwork and the reflections. Although I think the number plate has an ugly cast to it that i would have changed.

Sue.
This is a very nice one and I like the number plate on this one a lot better, although I suspect it wasn't in the original shot. And again the reflections are nice and add to the shot. (Is that John reflected in the right hand wing by the way?)

Mike.
Nicely composed shot and lots of interest, They certainly dont make them like this anymore. I suspect that it was hand held and if possible I think it would have been better if you could have put it on a tripod as I think the blurred gear knob in the foreground is distracting.

Cookie.
This is a strange one, did that car actually run? I can see that it has had a rewire so assume that it does, but it looks far too simple when you compare this to what gets shoe horned under the bonnet these days. It probably lasted longer than modern cars do too.

Paul.
A very elegant and deceptively simple shot of a beautiful piece of automotive history. It looks like exactly the shot a glamour photographer would take of any subject as elegant as a Jag.

Well as there was such a low entry I will just pick a winner and a runner up rather than the usual three places...

Runner Up ... Sue.

Winner .... Paul. A picture as stylish as the car itself.

Thank you all for looking in and a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to all.

Keith. 8)
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

Thanks Keith and Paul, over to you!
Best regards

John