Free photography night

A place for Syllabus Updates and Comments
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: Free photography night

Post by John »

One thing's for sure, there are plenty of new visitors to the forum, so there's more than one way to skin a cat. Bad news for cats, obviously..... :)
Best regards

John
canonsnap
Initiate
Initiate
Spam Protection: Maybe

Post by canonsnap »

Tracey, the constructive criticism was to Bydo R9?
canonsnap
Initiate
Initiate

Post by canonsnap »

Sorry Tracey, but I was away the week before. I didn't see any posters etc.
canonsnap
Initiate
Initiate

Post by canonsnap »

Tracey, the constructive criticism was for Bydo R9
Gill Blower
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by Gill Blower »

Sorry Roy but I do not feel the night was a complete wash-out as you say and I am sure the people who participated in the free photoshop tuition by Jared and Lesley wouldn't either. It was not only just a night to attract new members but a chance for existing members to ask questions and learn new skills. Also one of the visitors who had been before had to change job and has only just been able to come back...hearing he had a new Pentax camera he had a go at the still life with Mel and I paired him up with Trevor who also uses Pentax and as a result he has a better understanding of his camera and came back tonight.

Neil volunteered to put on the buffet in the absence of John and Sue. Knowing what a lot he has on at the moment he did an amazing job and we all just wanted to express our thanks...rightly so.

We all get different things from the club but the experience is enriched when members also put something in. How can we encourage new members when they see comments like these.

Let's focus on the positives of the club so that the 6 new visitors tonight will feel welcome and enjoy the club.

Gill
Paul Jones
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer
Spam Protection: No

Post by Paul Jones »

Gill Blower wrote: We all get different things from the club but the experience is enriched when members also put something in.

Let's focus on the positives of the club so that the 6 new visitors tonight will feel welcome and enjoy the club.
Fantastic post, Gill.
5S
5S
5S

Paul
================
http://www.PaulJones.org

"As usual Paul is absolutely correct."
"In short, Paul is an absolutely brilliant mentor."