Adding Lighting Effects

Please post questions here that relate to the website or forum
Gill Blower
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Adding Lighting Effects

Post by Gill Blower »

Hi

I am trying to add a spotlight to an image I took recently and unfortunately it comes out with lines across as well as the spotlight effect.

Can anyone help.
Attachments
image-5.jpg
image-5.jpg (15.76 KiB) Viewed 5409 times
Tom Gerrard

Re: Adding Lighting Effects

Post by Tom Gerrard »

Hi Gill,

Tell us what you did to get that result, ie. the program used, the filter, (Render -> Lighting Effects ?), the process or whatever, Just give as much info' as poss' and we'll see if anyone can come with a solution. I've never seen anything like this before, but I only use PS and Lightroom.

Regards, Tom.
Gill Blower
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by Gill Blower »

Hi Tom

Hubby suggested trying on his computer which still runs on VISTA and it worked fine. I was originally using a new upgrade to Windows 7 64 bit - looks like a CS3 problem on the 64 bit. Has someone got a Windows 7 32 bit to try the same process on to see if it is simply a Windows 7 problem or 64 bit problem?

The package I was using was CS3, Filter, Render, Lighting Effects.

Thanks for the reply Tom.

Regards Gill
Tom Gerrard

Post by Tom Gerrard »

Hi Gill,

I think you may have solved the problem yourself. I seem to remember reading, in the days of yore, about some people having difficulties with running CS 3 on Vista 64 bit. But that was long time ago and I was using CS 4, as it didn't affect me, I didn't pursue the matter. Therefore I can't help you any further.....sorry.

Regards. Tom.