Registering My Wife.

Please post questions here that relate to the website or forum
yachtsman1
Master Photographer
Master Photographer
Spam Protection: No

Registering My Wife.

Post by yachtsman1 »

My wife wants to add one of her pictures to the latest forum comp, I tried to register her & got the message our email address is already in use, which it is with my registration, she doesn't have her own. Is there a way around this?
Eric.
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: Registering My Wife.

Post by John »

She could open a free gmail style account just for this sort of purpose. There's no real downside to doing so, she doesn't have to use it for anything else. A Yahoo e-mail address would be suitable, for example, but anything really.

Alternatively, your own ISP may well offer the option to have multiple e-mail accounts.
Best regards

John
yachtsman1
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by yachtsman1 »

Thanks John, I'll tell her but she will probably pass, she doesn't use the internet much. I think I already had one for from BT, but with all the yahoo/BT hassle I'm not sure it's worth trying. What about if she submits the picture under my log in, I obviously didn't take it because I'm in it.
Regards Eric.
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

I'd rather she registers properly because if we start having non-registered contributers it could become difficult to keep track of, so best not to start.

Creating an e-mail address is a very minor step on the internet, so hopefully you can persuade he to take that step?
Best regards

John
Mike
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by Mike »

Hiya

Unfortunately we need to have an individual email address for each person using the site as it helps us to minimise abuse from spam programmes etc.

I appreciate that it isn't ideal, if you have a BT internet provider service they usually let you set up multiple accounts for free. Its like a passport for each person, easy to have, impossible to share!

Let me know if you need any more help.

Mike
--------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
yachtsman1
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by yachtsman1 »

Hi Mike
She's a member now. She had a dormant address so I resurected it & she entered the last forum comp'.
Regards Eric
Yachtsman1.