COMPETITION # 50 - FACES

Enter our forum competitions here
paulinefisher
Photographer
Photographer
Spam Protection: Maybe

COMPETITION # 50 - FACES

Post by paulinefisher »

I wanted to set the subject as Self Portrait so that I could start to recognise other members but having looked through the entries of the last self portrait competition, I saw Lens entry and decided against it....... ;-]

Therefore I decided on FACES as the next subject, looking forwards to my first attempt at judging.

Good Luck

Pauline
paulinefisher
Photographer
Photographer

Re: COMPETITION # 50 - FACES

Post by paulinefisher »

paulinefisher wrote:I wanted to set the subject as Self Portrait so that I could start to recognise other members but having looked through the entries of the last self portrait competition, I saw Lens entry and decided against it....... ;-]

Therefore I decided on FACES as the next subject, looking forwards to my first attempt at judging.

Good Luck

Pauline
Oops! Closing date midnight 23rd January.
Dick Hankin
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Dick Hankin »

Here is a Photo of a Man who has obviously seen the World
Thomas.jpg
Thomas.jpg (78.61 KiB) Viewed 11345 times
By R Hankin.
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

A combination image of a Dr Who prop from "The Runaway Bride" and a Clockwork robot from "The Girl in the Fireplace". The latter was a live actor wandering around the Dr Who Exhibition.
005-Clockwork-Robot.jpg
005-Clockwork-Robot.jpg (201.48 KiB) Viewed 11338 times
Best regards

John
Tracey McGovern
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by Tracey McGovern »

Here is my entry:
Jesus-on-Cross.jpg
Jesus-on-Cross.jpg (98.39 KiB) Viewed 11289 times
Tracey
Mike
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer
Spam Protection: No

Post by Mike »

--------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Tom Gerrard

Post by Tom Gerrard »

A wonderful old lady I met in Marrakech.

MAHRIE.jpg
MAHRIE.jpg (219.71 KiB) Viewed 11244 times
Regards, Tom.
bazzasmeg
Photographer
Photographer

Post by bazzasmeg »

Many faces from the Christmas Markets....

Regards, Barry
Attachments
Faces copy.jpg
Faces copy.jpg (125.66 KiB) Viewed 11210 times
bert haddock
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by bert haddock »

Street kids Delhi, some of my little friends from India.
Attachments
STREET KIDS DELHI .jpg
STREET KIDS DELHI .jpg (100.43 KiB) Viewed 11204 times
TerryMooney

Post by TerryMooney »

Face of the 1940's - by TerryMooney
Bury - Bolton Street Station during 1940's Revival Weekend
Bury - Bolton Street Station during 1940's Revival Weekend
1940 Bury-1.jpg (172.21 KiB) Viewed 11136 times
Ian Austen
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Ian Austen »

DSC_7852.jpg
DSC_7852.jpg (95.45 KiB) Viewed 11115 times
paulinefisher
Photographer
Photographer

Post by paulinefisher »

Thank you for your entries, I will try my best to do them justice although I have never judged anything except horses before.

Dick
“This is a pleasing overall picture with good sharp focus on the eyes. A face full of character and experience I think.
I would have preferred slightly more space left of frame which I feel would better balance to shot”.

John
"An interesting subject here for all Dr Who fans. Creative blending of the two images has provided a picture that made me take a close look to discover how the final image was achieved".

Tracey
“This is a very detailed image that is sharp throughout, from the crown of thorns to the texture of the sculpture then
through to the cobwebs. A fabulous image”.

Mike
“Well Mike is this really the same man who is on the front of the Cuba travel guide or just his double? Anyway I digress,
this is a good shot full of character although slightly spoiled for me by the top of his wonderful beret and the tip of his
magnificent beard being cut off”.

Tom
“A wonderful portrait of a lady who I am sure has many tales to tell. This is a vibrant, sharp image. The close crop really
suits this image. I would love to know her thoughts as you were taking this shot”.

Barry
“ A colourful, cheerful image that made me smile :-] . This is a busy picture with good use of DOF to blur the
background. The shadows need more detail but from the EXIF info this appears to have been shot in low light conditions
and therefore I feel that you have done well”.

Bert
“The composition here is terrific. Your subjects are beautiful with great eye contact, I feel that you must have really
gained their trust. Also I love the way that your subjects are lit. I guess that you have used fill flash, although it may be
natural light only? A very strong evocative image”.

Terry
“Good composition with the eyes in the top third which always seems to work well. Black & White, the obvious choice for the era being depicted with a good tonal range. A good example of a 'candid' shot - she seems oblivious to being photographed - or a well practised poseur".

Len
“Well Len you certainly like to make a statement, I would never have recognised you :wink:. I have more questions than
answers: Was this a goth event? Are they real? Although this is a vibrant and interesting image, I would have liked to see more detail of her face and face jewellry".

Ian
“This is a good study with wonderful eye contact and a very sensual pose. The models eyes are good and sharp, they really pop out of the frame. I love the composition with the model to the right of frame, although I would have liked to see all of her hair".

Results

3rd Terry

2nd Ian

1st Bert

Well done Bert, looking forwards to seeing your chosen subject.

Kind Regards

Pauline
bert haddock
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by bert haddock »

Hi folks,

Sorry for not replying regarding the faces competition but we had to fly out unexpectedly on the 23 January to visit my brother-in-law in America who is not very well, fortunately he is now doing ok, we only arrived home late last night,
Pauline, I have just had a quick look through your comments on all the images and you have made some excellent remarks etc, glad you liked my image of the poor street children, I will reply later after recovering from jet lag etc, once again I apologise for my late reply and will think of a new theme for the next comp.
Regards,
Bert.
paulinefisher
Photographer
Photographer

Post by paulinefisher »

bert haddock wrote:Hi folks,

Sorry for not replying regarding the faces competition but we had to fly out unexpectedly on the 23 January to visit my brother-in-law in America who is not very well, fortunately he is now doing ok, we only arrived home late last night,
Pauline, I have just had a quick look through your comments on all the images and you have made some excellent remarks etc, glad you liked my image of the poor street children, I will reply later after recovering from jet lag etc, once again I apologise for my late reply and will think of a new theme for the next comp.
Regards,
Bert.
Thanks Bert, glad to hear that you brother in law is doing ok now. Looking forwards to hearing your next theme.