Enter our forum competitions here
bert haddock
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Competition #51 Movement

Post by bert haddock »

Hi Folks,
I have chosen MOVEMENT as the subject for the next competition,
anything that indicates movement in the image, fast ,slow anything that takes your fancy, closing date midnight 22 Febuary.
Regards,
Bert.
Cookie
Photographer
Photographer

Re: Competition #51 Movement

Post by Cookie »

I haven't entered for a while so having a go with this chappie.

water-skier.jpg
water-skier.jpg (27.76 KiB) Viewed 10023 times
Theo Dibbits
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by Theo Dibbits »

Here is one of mine

Theo
Attachments
beachride.jpg
beachride.jpg (245.91 KiB) Viewed 9978 times
bazzasmeg
Photographer
Photographer

Post by bazzasmeg »

My entry for the competition, Movement in time Regards, Barry
Attachments
Movement in time
Movement in time
time2-1.jpg (132.45 KiB) Viewed 9948 times
Tracey McGovern
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by Tracey McGovern »

Hi
Here's my entry
Bike-15.jpg
Bike-15.jpg (100.11 KiB) Viewed 9928 times
Best Wishes
Tracey
PhilipHowe
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer
Spam Protection: Maybe

Post by PhilipHowe »

Whippet Racing
Attachments
RacingWhippets.jpg
RacingWhippets.jpg (152.25 KiB) Viewed 9890 times
http://philiphowe.co.uk
http://facebook.com/PhilipHowe

"Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop" -Ansel Adams and Philip Howe
Free Dropbox account link! http://db.tt/XvrZgQ68
Myra
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Myra »

Des

Post by Des »

John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

Flight of the Great Tit:
015-Flight-of-the-Great-Tit-.jpg
015-Flight-of-the-Great-Tit-.jpg (202.94 KiB) Viewed 9876 times
Best regards

John
Sue
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by Sue »

Spashing Duck
Splashing-Duck.jpg
Splashing-Duck.jpg (210.84 KiB) Viewed 9849 times
Best wishes

Sue
markculshaw

Post by markculshaw »

It's all a blur
bert haddock
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by bert haddock »

Hi Folks,
Thanks to everyone who entered the competition, a set of very good images and all followed the theme of the competition.

Water skier by Cookie,
A difficult subject to take, good composition and viewpoint, these shots are usualy presented in the letter box format but this square format works very well for this image, good choice of shutter speed to show plenty of movement of the skier through the water,and the spray and waves have been well rendered, sharp enough to see the skiers face, a well taken shot.

Beach ride by Theo,
A well taken shot of this horse and rider, the viewpoint has been well chosen to keep the sky out of the shot, just enough definition in the background to show it has been taken on a beach and makes the horse and rider stand out, another good choice of shutter speed to show the horse is going fast through the water, sharp, showing plenty of detail in the horse and rider, good composition and well positioned in the frame.

Movement in time by Bazzameg.
A very well presented image, the border sets this image off superbly, sharp and nicely exposed certainly shows movement but for me a slightly slower shutter speed would have given a bit more definition to the pendulum.

Bike 15 by Tracey,
These shots are not easy to take and this image has been handled very competently, a well chosen viewpoint to give a good background with no distractions to take the eye off the bike and rider, very sharp and the exposure is spot on giving detail in the white of the faring on the bike and defination in the black of the tyres, the correct use of not to fast a shutter speed and good panning technique has blurred the background and shown that the wheels are certainly going round at a fast speed, nicely positioned in the frame with the right amount of space to the right for the bike to move into.

Whippet racing by Philliphowe.
Another difficult shot to take, good choice of shutter speed and panning technique to blurr the background and still show definition in the dogs. sharp enough where it matters and nicely exposed, I would have cloned out the light areas in the background especially the one on the left of the image,

Myra,
A very well presented image of these Bluebells, I like the way the image is sharp in the centre and gets more blurred and diffused as it radiates to the edge of the frame, no distractions in the image and a good technique used to obtan this effect.

Des,
A lovely toned and presented image, the fence gives a good lead in and gradually blends into the grasses, lovely movement in the grasses and the darkening round the outer edge of the image keeps the eye looking at the sharp sections of the fence and those superbly presented grasses.

John, flight of the great Tit,

Certainly plenty of movement in this image, definately a bird in flight and well taken, I would have liked to have seen a slightly faster shutter speed chosen to have seen some part of the bird in a little more detail, but the shot cerainly follows the theme of the competition.

Sue, splashing duck,

Well taken shot, sharp and well exposed, good choice of shutter speed and nice and sharp especially the head around the eye area making the eye stand out against the black feathers, the water has been handled very well showing plenty of movement and splashing.

Mark, It's a blur,
Something different and certainly a blur but still captures the theme of the competition, for me to much of the image is in the left of the frame and a slightly faster shutter speed would have given a little more definition to the face but would have still shown movement, but
well done.

Well done to everyone, all very good and well thought out images and completely different, not very easy to choose a winner with all these very competent shots but here is my choice.

3rd Des,

2nd Tracey,

1st Sue

So it's over to Sue for the next competition, well done.

Regards Bert.
Sue
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by Sue »

That was a loveley surprise. Thanks Bert, I'll now set the next competition.
Best wishes

Sue