Enter our forum competitions here
Matthew
Initiate
Initiate
Spam Protection: Maybe

Re: Competition#61 Patterns in nature

Post by Matthew »

Judging- Well here goes

Bert Haddock - I liked this picture a lot with the patterns of both the plant and lizard all in shades of green.

Carl- Good choice of subject. Its a pity that the wings are slightly out of focus.The body and flower however are nice and sharp.

Pammie- This tight crop really does focus on the variety of scales on the lizard. I don't know if there was a bit more above the eye that could have been shown to advantage.

Len McNally - The flower or grass stands out well from the background. I thought the blurring at the bottom of the picture catches the eye a bit.

Tracey McGovern- A perfect choice of pattern with the added interest of the young Zebra caught perfectly.

JCollins- Great effect on the sand with good contrast and depth of field.

Steewood- Difficult to catch bees before they fly to the next flower. Good composition.

John- I twigged it was meant to be a spider without seeing the title! It stands out well against the dark background.

Sue- A good sharp image with good composition. The pattern on the shells are prominent.

ianuk50- A well spotted bird that stands out in the picture.

Bazzasmeg- I like the subject, colours and the pattern. Good cropping. Pity a couple of the prominent caps are slightly out of focus.

Cookie- Didn't see the 'pattern in nature' element in this picture. Sorry. Liked the evening light on the buildings though.

JimC- Interesting subject. I wonder whether more of the structure of the quartz would have been bought out better with a close up shot.

Myra- I liked the pattern of the shadows of the fence on the uneven sand. Good strong contrast.

Vicky Buckley- A sharp image with uncluttered background makes the goose stand out really well.

The winners I have chosen are as folows

1st Place JCollins
2nd Place Tracey McGovern
3rd Place Bert Haddock

Narrowly missing out was Pammie with the great close up of the lizard.

Matthew
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

Excellent, well done Matthew, and another newcomer to the online competitions is your winner as well. It's great to see more people joining in.

We await the new thread and new competition from JCollins1964...... :)
Best regards

John
JCollins1964
Initiate
Initiate
Spam Protection: Maybe

Post by JCollins1964 »

Thanks Mathew. Really pleased to have been chosen from amongst some very good entries