Lincoln Park 3.jpg
Lincoln Park 3.jpg (104.83 KiB) Viewed 3641 times
bert haddock
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Re: Competition #75 RAIN.

Post by bert haddock »

Hi Folks,
Excellent variety of images especially because of the theme of the competition they would have to be taken in poor lighting conditions.

Tracey, after the storm,

I have been to the Masai Mara many times and this dramatic storm lighting does't last long, a well taken and composed shot, the vehicles stand out well and give a good scale to the image the rainbow is well caught and gives a good frame to the image.

KT a day at the beach,
The expression on the lady's face seems to say " I am determined to have a good day in spite of the weather" well seen and a good candid shot.

John, back streets of Paris,
No photoshop tricks here, everything against taking a camera out rubbish light etc, a well handled shot regarding choice of shutter speed, exposure , iso etc. really captures the theme of the comp.

Sue, Montmarte in the rain,
A well timed shot seeing the man pushing the water off the awning, well chosen shutter speed to freeze the water, a good low light image showing good camera control in very poor light.

Tom Gerrard, summer holiday.
Superb monochrome image, the placing of the couple well to the left of the image has produced a much stronger image than if they had been on the third of the shot, the treatment has produced a very strong image, well done.

Gerry G, Its raining in Manchester again,
A well handled strong image, certainly a rainy day, the fact that the people are walking out of the picture doesn't detract from the shot,
the treatment adds impact to the image.

Mancunian,
A good abstract image, I think the image would be stronger with the addition of some colour either in the background or one of the droplets of water.

Gill Blower, the storm,
A bad day to be out but can provide some good photo opportunities, a well handled shot showing good control of the camera, the wave has been caught at just the right moment.

Myra, Widermere in the rain,
Lovely dramatic light, strong enough to highlight the whites on the boats, the coloured bouy in the foreground gives all the colour that the image needs, another well handled shot showing good camera technique in very poor light.

Stelee, Americas cup.
A well timed shot to get all three boats in the image, a good high viewpoint chosen to get a good seperation of the boats, a good sharp and composed image.

Pammie, a rainy day in August.
A good strong pattern picture, works well in monochrome everything spot on, can't see how it could be improved.

Chick Freeman,
Well seen shot of the couple under the brolly, I would have cropped some of the right hand side of the image to take the person in the blue coat out of the shot which would take the couple out of the centre and more on the third of the image.

Dave Hutchinson, a typical Saturday.
Certainly a well titled image,a simple yet striking unusual shot, certainly raining well done.

Keasla, Pennington Flash,
Good use of HDR has lifted this image into the dramatic from one which would possibly be deleted, I would have cropped some of the foreground to just the bottom of the bush as for me there is a lot of water doing nothing in the image but a very dramatic sky.

Bazzamag, A Lincoln park in the rain.
A well composed shot with some reasonable light in the rain, another shot showing good camera technique in less than ideal conditions.

Well done to everyone and thanks for entering, I have enjoyed looking at the entries and a good variety of images taken in very poor conditions.

First, Tom Gerrard, Summer Holiday, Sorry Tom you don' t win a holiday :lol: :lol: :lol:

Second, John, Back streets of Paris.

Third, Myra, Windermere in the rain.

Over to you Tom.

Regards, Bert.
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: Competition #75 RAIN.

Post by John »

Thanks for the great judging Bert and well done Mr Gerrard!
Best regards

John