Ozzie, my passion.
Passion.jpg
Passion.jpg (192.06 KiB) Viewed 5700 times
Tracey McGovern
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: Competition # 77 PASSION

Post by Tracey McGovern »

I passionate about wildlife and trying to preserve it....
Vervet-Monkey-#1-(ADAPS).jpg
Vervet-Monkey-#1-(ADAPS).jpg (119.48 KiB) Viewed 5699 times
Myra
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Myra »

What a great responce to the competition PASSION, thank-you so much to everyone who entered.

I set my-self quite a task, there were some very good pictures , i found it hard to choose a winner.

Stu B -- I would have liked to have seen more of the couple, you have interpreted passion very well but i find the pose to static. The ladies head is very bright perhaps you could tone it down a little.

Keasla -- I like the introduction of the red rose on this image, but i find the ladies shoulder disturbing, it is to large and bright it is competing with her face.

John -- I love this John, Normans concentration is super, he has a real passion for his wood carving. the movement in his hands and clisel shows he is actually working and not just posing for the photograph. the background is not ideal but i know you have done the best you could with it.

Des -- Des is trying here, he knows what a soft spot i have for sheep, perhaps you could have taken out the fence at the top of the picture , other than that a lovely shot.

Mancunian -- I to love sunsets, but not sure about the colours in this, it doesn`t look quite right to me, never seen the sky quite so vivid. I do like the trees and silhouetted buildings at the bottom, they form a good base for the image.

Mike-e --This ias a lovely soft focus picture, a different pose with the male figure lower down, just one little niggle is his watch, its a bit distracting, i locve the lighting on this one.

Angie -- This is a nice well exposed picture, perhaps a little crop at the bottom and clone out the lamp post would have helped. Not quite as strong as some of the other images.

Ian -- What a sweetie you are, this is a lovely picture of Pammie, i am sure she is pleased with it. It is a lovely setting, the flowers blend beautifully with Pammies coat, exposure is great, but if it was my image i would have cropped off the smaller rock and made it a square picture,

Bert -- You never fail to come up trumps Bert, a beautiful image, great D,O,F. Damselflies on the diagonal, what more can i say about it .

Stelee -- Well thought out this, coming up with PASSION fruit, I think this would have made a very good square format picture. Not sure about the fruit oozing out it made me feel a bit queasy.

Chick Freeman -- What a good idea, hope you enjoyed eating the sweets afterwards, its a little bit bold and bright for me, perhaps a little bit more space around iot would have helped.

Tom -- Trust you, theres always one is`nt there.For once i am stuck for words, just don`t know what to say about this other than its such a well composed picture with excellent models.

Sue -- Just love this, it really is an ah picture. on my monitor there skin is very pink and also the very bright stripe at the back takes my eyes away from the little girls.

K.T. -- I like the colour and tight crop of this image. I must admit i am not a car fanatic but this has lots of impact.

Pauline -- Ozzie looks a real cheeky chappy, but on my monitor it doesn`t look sharpe, it is very bright on the left hand side and not quite big enough in the frame, perhaps cropped to a square format would have made the image stronger.

Tracey -- The eyes have it, this is a lovely picture, the image is sharp and the tight crop suits it well.

After much deliberation,

1st John loved this at first sight.

2nd Bert just pipped at the post.

3rd Tracey .

Over to you John for the next competition.

Best wishes Myra
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

Why thank you Myra! I'm delighted to win, but also delighted by the other great images and that so many are4 now taking part. I'm just going to start my new competition now, so see you all in a new thread! :D
Best regards

John
mancunian61
Spam Protection: Maybe

Post by mancunian61 »

Thanks Myra for your comments!

Congrats to John on winning and Bert and Tracey for coming what I'm sure were close runners up - all really good images.

I would also like to say that my photo had barely any processing - that really is how the sky was and to prove it here are a few links from Flickr with similar photos - the sky was outstanding that evening in September:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dppimages/6211728244/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jtrumley/6169397171/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alansart/6169774752/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60897898@N07/6189870774/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gary_boulton/6167399294/

Here's to the next comp from John.

Best wishes

Ann
mike-e
Elite Member
Elite Member
Spam Protection: No

Post by mike-e »

Thanks for the lovely comments, and on looking again the watch doesnt quite fir the mood and is distracting. Wll done john super image .
Top three best three in my opinion. all fantastic quality
-KT

Post by -KT »

Good job everyone, really enjoyed looking at peoples interpretations of 'passion' and lovely to see such wide scope of interests.

My favourite was Berts ^^