Forum Competition #103 Castles

Enter our forum competitions here
Matthew
Initiate
Initiate
Spam Protection: Maybe

Re: Forum Competition #103 Castles

Post by Matthew »

Pleased to see so many entries. Now for the hard part of judging them. I think Harlech Castle won the prize for the most visited.

Janice
A bold crop with good detail. I found my eye drawn to the half window opening at the top of the picture and I wonder if the composition might be improved if this was cropped off.

Yachtsman1
A good view of the castle in the city and its strategic position. I liked the juxtaposition of the castle,bridge and cathedral.

Paul
The road provides a good lead in to the castle with the car providing a point of interest in the frame.

John
I lived in Galloway briefly but can't say I came across this castle. A crisp image with good detail in the shadows which can't have been easy in the bright sunlight.

Tracey
I like the soft evening light on the autumn foliage and castle walls. Well exposed clouds make for a pleasing picture.

Keith
A very atmospheric picture. The de-saturation of the colour works well .

Keasla
There has obviously been some wizardry involved in this picture!

GerryG
A great composition. I particularly like the lead in of the wall . My eye was distracted by the aberrations around the castellations. Perhaps I was too close to my computer screen!

Bazzasmeg
Well framed by the pine foliage. The autumn colours of the maples adds points of interest to the picture without distracting from the castle itself.

Ian Yarwood
A well exposed and sharp image for a night time shot.

John Yarwood
I have been a few times to this castle and grounds.I think the angle of your shot shows it off at its best.

Gill
The HDR processing has worked well to bring out the stone detail. I particularly like the composition with the winding path leading up to the entrance.

My choice for the winners are

1st Keasla
2nd Gill (despite the late entry)
3rd Keith
KEASLA
Photographer
Photographer
Spam Protection: No

Post by KEASLA »

I will start thinking of a new subject today and post tonight or tomorrow.
My Flickr My Twitter

As always, stern, stern but fair
Janice Freeman
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer
Spam Protection: No

Post by Janice Freeman »

Some great images and thanks for the constructive comment Matthew. It does look better without the top window. I think Gill was stalking me! Congratulations Jared, I really like this. As usual, looking forward to the next subject.

Janice

:-]
"A good snapshot stops a moment from running away" Eudora Welty
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

Thanks for the great subject matthew, it was good to see the response was good and there were some great shots.

Congratulations Jared!
Best regards

John