#153 You've Been Framed - Naturally!

Enter our forum competitions here
Janice Freeman
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer
Spam Protection: No

#153 You've Been Framed - Naturally!

Post by Janice Freeman »

OK folks, here we go again with a new(ish) topic. Pictures that have a natural framing - any subject you like. Entries will close 2 weeks from today 8 September at Midnight. Looking forward to your images. Lets hope we get a few more entries :D
"A good snapshot stops a moment from running away" Eudora Welty
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: #153 You've Been Framed - Naturally!

Post by John »

075 Floating Man.jpg
075 Floating Man.jpg (325.8 KiB) Viewed 9610 times
Floating Man
Best regards

John
yachtsman1
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by yachtsman1 »

Attended one of our Granddaughters wedding in Spain a couple of weeks ago, this picture was taken in the church of San Mateo in Tarifa, sans flash.
Eric
Attachments
h61.jpg
h61.jpg (133.21 KiB) Viewed 9606 times
Mrs Yachtsman1
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Mrs Yachtsman1 »

During our Spanish holiday, we visited Gibraltar, I think this was the end of a bus shelter?
Margaret.
Attachments
hm1.jpg
hm1.jpg (241.62 KiB) Viewed 9602 times
stopher002
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by stopher002 »

One from me
A family holiday in Italy (Rome)
We got a shot of each other using our Pentax Kr & Kx
Attachments
Aliicee Frankk Dark-Colour-moody.jpg
Aliicee Frankk Dark-Colour-moody.jpg (364.73 KiB) Viewed 9563 times
mikeaspinall
Master Photographer
Master Photographer
Spam Protection: Maybe

Post by mikeaspinall »

FORUM 2A.jpg
FORUM 2A.jpg (227.73 KiB) Viewed 9517 times
Gordon Armstrong
Chair
Chair

Post by Gordon Armstrong »

castlefield bridges.jpg
castlefield bridges.jpg (319.84 KiB) Viewed 9489 times
Frames within frames.
"People say that nothing is impossible, but some times I can do nothing all day"

Gordon
BydoR9
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by BydoR9 »

_DSC9044.jpg
_DSC9044.jpg (170.16 KiB) Viewed 9469 times
Gateway to The World
Janice Freeman
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by Janice Freeman »

Thank you all for your entries - all of them very good. Makes it hard to try and pic out a winner! For what they are worth, here are my comments and choices:-

John Riley - Floating Man. I like this - an intriguing subject to start with. Nicely framed by the stairs and the (lift?) shafts on either side. The image is nicely exposed with good symmetry. I also like the slight curve in the picture. At first glance it appeared to be monochrome. There are however subtle colours amidst the metallic greys. I do find my eye being drawn to the golden light on the top left hand side. All in all a very pleasing image.

Yachtsman - The two figures are nicely framed within the ornate colums. Whilst the columns appear to be vertical, the picture seems to be slightly skewed which just spoils the effect somewhat for me. A nice colourful clear image of a different subject.

Mrs Yachtsman - Nice to see the different approaches to this challenge. The subject is nicely framed within the panels of the bus shelter. I would have been tempted to just crop out the car which is creeping in on the right hand side or perhaps a couple of steps to the right could have avoided it appearing in the frame. The inclusion of the bench in front of the shelter adds a little bit of intrigue - almost as if the figure is spying on whoever sits there. Again a good clear image and yet again a different subject matter.

Stopher002 - A nice shot - taken in one of my favourite countries. Fits the bill of 'natural' framing very nicely. I like the fact that the main subject is sharp within the blurred walls. It focuses attention nicely. Pity that the hair highlights have blown somewhat, however the image suits the black and white treatment. I like this type of image.

Mike - I like this . A strong and well detailed image with everything nicely framed within the window panes - frames within a frame. The HDR toning is strong, but not overdone in my opinion . It really suits the image, and the shine on the window sill has been well captured. A very pleasing image.

Gordon - The famous Castlefield bridges. A nicely composed shot with the triangular point of view leading the eye round to the barge nestling in the centre just above the bottom third. The processing has, however, slightly 'muddied' the sky - with a bright spot to the right-hand side. Still a very pleasing shot with the large bridge at the top making a strong natural frame.

Andy - I love this - a very strong image, sharp and well exposed. The point of view is both unusual and a great frame. The colours are all complimentary making everything stand out in its own right - nothing being overpowered. I like the light falling onto the inside of the circular frame revealing some nice detail.

3 Stopher 002 (sorry don't know your real name)

2 Mike

1 Andy (BydoR9)

Over to you Andy for the next subject and judging. Look forward to it as always.

:-d Janice.
"A good snapshot stops a moment from running away" Eudora Welty
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

Many thanks to all who entered, there are some great shots there.

Another good competition Janice, many thanks for that.

And congratulations to Andy for yet another win!
Best regards

John
yachtsman1
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by yachtsman1 »

The reason Margaret took this picture was she thought it looked like our Grandson Nolan who was one of the groomsmen at our Granddaughters wedding a couple of days before.? & no he didn't have a bouquet, he was holing it for his sister, one of the bridesmaids.
Eric.
Attachments
n1.jpg
n1.jpg (240.31 KiB) Viewed 9416 times
BydoR9
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by BydoR9 »

Thanks very much for choosing my image Janice! :D

Got to get my thinking cap on soon as I'm off on holiday. In fact, that's just given me an idea…

Andy.