#165 "Humour"

Enter our forum competitions here
melbarnes
Vice Chair
Vice Chair
Spam Protection: No

#165 "Humour"

Post by melbarnes »

What do I choose as a subject now? Hows about - humour? Make me smile with your photo, or better still make me laugh! Any scenario you want, as long as it is amusing. Recent ones that I have done include "Hear all, see all, say nowt", "Swiss Army Wife", and the painted giraffe - but you don't have to do a composite - unless you want to - just something that raises a titter!

Since this is likely to be a bit more challenging than the last one I set, I'll extend the closing date a bit, which is Monday 11 April at midnight. Get thinking and snapping, and good luck!
"Aim for the moon - if you miss you'll land amongst the stars."
Janice Freeman
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: #165 "Humour"

Post by Janice Freeman »

Oh! Sh..ucks!!!
The Seagull and Mel.jpg
The Seagull and Mel.jpg (301.8 KiB) Viewed 5668 times
"A good snapshot stops a moment from running away" Eudora Welty
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

This has always raised a smile from me at least, so let's hope it's rib-tickler for you too.
Fluorescent Pig on Ladder.jpg
Fluorescent Pig on Ladder.jpg (125.39 KiB) Viewed 5612 times
It's called "Pink Fluorescent Pig on Ladder in Mill Pond" - what else would it be called? The walkers totally ignoring it amuse me as well. It's a straight shot, nothing added, nothing taken away.....
Best regards

John
mikeaspinall
Master Photographer
Master Photographer
Spam Protection: Maybe

Post by mikeaspinall »

A BIT MORE TO THE LEFT GRANDAD
Attachments
A BIT MORE TO THE LEFT GRANDAD.jpg
A BIT MORE TO THE LEFT GRANDAD.jpg (272.91 KiB) Viewed 5599 times
melbarnes
Vice Chair
Vice Chair

Post by melbarnes »

This competition was intended as a bit of fun, and is more about imagination and composition, rather than technical merit, so I've based my assessment on these factors, and hope that the ardent technical photography aficianados of ADAPS will forgive me:

Janice:

Well - this one really made me laugh out loud. I don't know where you got the model from, but he's strikingly handsome {don't you think), and caught in a wonderful pose. It's good how you timed the shot just as the bird was flying over.... I take it that you will eventually forward the modelling fees to your model, and I hope you got him to sign the model release form....?

Seriously though, a cleverly thought-out composite Janice (and perhaps a secret wish there too??).

PS - revenge is sweet....

John:

What an unusual and zany piece of art, John, - and in an unexpected location too. The artist here certainly had a great imagination. I guess the walkers must have seen it before - but it certainly brought a big smile to my face!

Mike:

This raised a smile for the cuteness factor alone. I love the way the little lad is bending down to see what is happening down the crease. The fact that it's a little cricket bat for such large stumps adds to the fun here.

So here's my judgement......

3rd place goes to Mike: A fun shot taken at just the right moment. Owzat!

2nd place goes to John: A great photo opportunity - I often take such a grab shot because the photo "might come in handy one day" for a special subject competition, or a composite.

1st place goes to Janice: As soon as I saw your efforts Janice, I thought "wow - follow that". Well done - and over to you for the next subject.
"Aim for the moon - if you miss you'll land amongst the stars."
Janice Freeman
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by Janice Freeman »

Well at least 4 of us have a sense of humour - I am sure some others do but..... I think all the images are funny - a pig up a ladder - yes, but dressed in pink heehee. And Mikes shot of the little boy - so funny, and well seen - completely natural.

Just got home from bowling, so going to have my tea and think on a subject. Watch this space.

Janice.
"A good snapshot stops a moment from running away" Eudora Welty