Competition #255 Lockdown Letdowns

Enter our forum competitions here
LesleyD
Competitions Secretary
Competitions Secretary
Spam Protection: Maybe

Competition #255 Lockdown Letdowns

Post by LesleyD »

I've been scratching my head for days trying to come up with a topic. Let's see those Lockdown Letdowns we've all got ....

Maybe it's that Stratocaster guitar you bought, resolving to learn to play the guitar like David Gilmour, and it's still standing gathering dust in the corner. Or maybe it's that dilapidated shed in the garden you resolved to give a make-over to and it never happened, even though you bought all the tools etc you needed. Let's see the photos of all the stuff you bought, ready to complete the various projects.

I'll start the confessions off - I was going to learn a foreign language, signed up for a course (it didn't cost much), and did nothing after!

Let's see some photos of what's hanging around unused because the project never took off! If you don't have anything like that, have a look around your neighbourhood and see if you can find something that really should have been given some TLC during Lockdown!!!

I'll set a deadline of 31 May, because I'm going to be off the radar for a week or two having surgery on my poorly leg. At least that's one project that's going to be achieved :lol:

Lesley
melbarnes
Vice Chair
Vice Chair
Spam Protection: No

Re: Competition #255 Lockdown Letdowns

Post by melbarnes »

This is the pergola that I built a few years ago to house the electrical supply and controls for the waterfall in our front garden. The verticals that hold the control box have rotted because of the collection of water with no drain facility. So I was going to replace the entire structure with a different design, but haven't yet got around to it. Big lockdown letdown !!
20210508_143639.jpg
20210508_143639.jpg (395.36 KiB) Viewed 4956 times
"Aim for the moon - if you miss you'll land amongst the stars."
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

017 1000px Version.jpg
017 1000px Version.jpg (317.94 KiB) Viewed 4949 times
This is the box that was sent to our troops and their families at Christmas 1914. I've been looking for it for a while, I remembered opening a box and thinking why did I put that in there and then thinking oh well, it's safe. So safe I forgot which box. But I was sorting out the ADAPS archive stuff to give to Len and found a box. What's in here, I wondered. Guess what.
The point of this rambling tale is to say we've been busy sorting out all sorts of things during Lockdown and far from being a Letdown it has found us time to do all these things.
The only letdown is that it's taken me a year to find the box, all so I could write the blog that I've published today. :lol:
Best regards

John
adrian
Initiate
Initiate
Spam Protection: No

Post by adrian »

Phone A Friend
Attachments
phone a friend.jpg
phone a friend.jpg (254.7 KiB) Viewed 4940 times
Sue
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by Sue »

Shed demolishing not done....... to make way for a new summer house........ soon one will fall down on its own :lol:
014.jpg
014.jpg (291.06 KiB) Viewed 4812 times
Best wishes

Sue
LesleyD
Competitions Secretary
Competitions Secretary

Post by LesleyD »

Thanks everybody, they made me chuckle .... it’s going to be tough picking a winner, but I’ll post as soon as I can.

Lesley
LesleyD
Competitions Secretary
Competitions Secretary

Post by LesleyD »

Apologies for the delay, everything seems to be taking longer at the moment :lol:

1 Mel - love the way we can look straight through to the houses beyond - pin sharp right through. I envisage the ledge just to the right as somewhere to put your pint. How about a little outside bar area :)

2 John - love the detail in this image and the story behind it. I kept turning it round to read the little inscriptions and study the images of tanks, flags, swords. Nicely photographed and sharp throughout

3 Adrian - this really made me giggle and it’s so typical of the everyday street ‘furniture’ that’s been neglected because of the pandemic. Really like the mono treatment, which accentuates the state of neglect

4 Sue - the shed waiting to be transformed to a magnificent summer house - loads of detail and colour, nicely sharp. Like the foreground table and chairs contrasting with the children and their toys, who are quite happy with it all the way it is.

I’d quite happily give first place to all of them, but I’ve got to make a choice, so:

In first place - John’s box. I couldn’t help going back to look at it again and again
All the rest are joint second becauseI liked them all

Lesley
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

Thanks Lesley! Glad that you liked the box and the story behind it.

Some interesting shots for this one!

I'll post a new competition shortly.
Best regards

John