Competition #40 - Fruit

Enter our forum competitions here
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Competition #40 - Fruit

Post by John »

The new them is Fruit but don't worry, I'm not going to be so pedantic as to exclude things that we think are fruit but are actually seeds.....anything commonly considered a fruit will be fine.

The deadline for this one will be Midnight on Wednesday 29th July.

Good luck!
Best regards

John
Myra
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Competition #40 - Fruit

Post by Myra »

Here is my entry,they look good enough to eat.
Andrew Shepherd
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Andrew Shepherd »

Here's my effort (it's a lemon!):-

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Andrew Shepherd
http://www.redshank.net
Cookie
Photographer
Photographer

Post by Cookie »

Ok John you say you are not going to be pedantic..... Hows about a Horse Chestnut as a fruit?

IMG_3324.jpg
IMG_3324.jpg (75.88 KiB) Viewed 9397 times
Glenys
Des

Post by Des »

Apple for the teacher.
Des.
bazzasmeg
Photographer
Photographer

Post by bazzasmeg »

A fruity image for the latest competition .

Regards, Barry
bert haddock
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by bert haddock »

My effort,
Bert.
Attachments
FRUIT adaps.jpg
FRUIT adaps.jpg (108.09 KiB) Viewed 9317 times
Tom Gerrard

Post by Tom Gerrard »

Bubbly from grapes
Attachments
Cheers Tom.
Cheers Tom.
Grapes.jpg (197.19 KiB) Viewed 9283 times
Walter Brooks
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by Walter Brooks »

“The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.”
― Dorothea Lange
Andy C
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Andy C »

A vine of Cherry tomatoes and cheap lemonade
Cheery-tom-in-lemonade.jpg
Cheery-tom-in-lemonade.jpg (195.9 KiB) Viewed 9258 times
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

Well it's Judgement Day, so to speak, and it's not an easy task as we have some incredible images there. This competition was, I think, a particularly high standard, so well done to everyone before we start!

Myra - Absolutely luscious, and you will do especially well if you package them up for me with some Fresh Cream.... ;-] The design and colour are excellent. Maybe the fruit disappears slightly into the background, but that's a minor thought as I try to separate the excellent from the excellent.

Andrew - Simple, clean, lovely colour, spot on composition. I can feel the tang as i look at this. A beautiful rendition.

Cookie - Glenys, I'll take your word for it that this is a fruit! Some strange things are fruits and some fruits are seeds, so lets not agonise over that! A good record of the plant, but I did feel that maybe it didn't shout out "fruit" at us as much as it could.

Des - An Apple a Day.....nice image of the apple, good colour, again the lighting just might lose the outer shape of the apple a bit as it fades indistinctly into the background.

Bazzasmeg - A great design and excellent colour. Here the lighter background helps to define the shape of the fruit. Another really appetising shot.

Bert - Clever, nice idea! I like the still life with a message approach, plus of course the advantage that the photographer can eat the end result after the shoot. Well designed and well thought out.

Tom - Lateral thinking and plenty of impact in this action packed still life! I like the bubbles idea very much.

Walter - A very, very good still life where the technique chosen adds to the impact of the shot. Impeccable and stylish. Faultless photography of the highest order.

Andy - More bubbles and a nicely arranged, colourful and interesting image with an especially nice effect on the stems.

Now I've decided for sure, and the winner of this competition is Walter Brooks - well done Walter, that really is magnificent. Second Place goes to Andrew Shepherd for the exquisite simplicity of his shot and Third Place goes to Bazzasmeg for his nicely designed and colourful image.

So well done to the winners! Walter, please take up the challenge and post a new competition in a new thread.

:D
Best regards

John
Walter Brooks
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by Walter Brooks »

Thanks very much John and all that entered, some very good shots in there that I would have liked to have taken. I'll get thinking and come up with the next theme today/ tomorrow. Sadly I cannot repeat my exact shot ... as I am eating one of the subjects during my lunch ... :?

For the record - compact camera clamped to my garage workbench pointing straight down over subject, which was on a piece of hardboard on a box and lit by the garage flourescent just off centre; did various exposures as I originally 'saw' this as an HDR shot - which didn't work. In Photoshop - cropped; levels and noise - which is more than what I normally do, but the noise [grain] was what I was after.

Walter
“The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.”
― Dorothea Lange