Competition #43 - 'PRIDE'

Enter our forum competitions here
markculshaw

Competition #43 - 'PRIDE'

Post by markculshaw »

For the next competition I have aptly chosen PRIDE (as I have just recovered from a weekend of excess!!).

I'm thinking Pride in the context of our heritage, your heritage or something you was once proud of... it's a broad brief so get creative!!

The closing date will be 2 weeks from today on 15th.
Tracey McGovern
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: Competition #43 - 'PRIDE'

Post by Tracey McGovern »

When I think of the word "Pride", only one thing springs to mind for me and that's my baby daughter. OK, so she's not a baby any more but she will always be to me. I'm even more proud of her at the moment because in less than two weeks time she is flying off to South Africa, on her own, to do voluntary work with cheetahs, she'll be away for three months and I am absolutely DREADING it, I could cry (and often do) when I think about it - jeeze...!!!! I'm filling up now.

Anyway...... Here is a picture of my "PRIDE"......
Jade
Jade
Jade-2.jpg (129.93 KiB) Viewed 10006 times
Tracey
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

My image is a similar idea, but taken a very long time ago. I shot this with a Kodak Brownie Junior 620 Box Camera when I was about 10 years old. These are my grandparents on my Father's side. Arthur was barely able to stand for this, and I'm proud that he made the considerable effort for me. Mary was holding him up and I'm proud of how she kept the family together through WWII by sheer hard work and determination, using her dressmaking skills to make ends meet. This was about 1961, shot on Kodak Verichrome Pan, which is why the picture is so fuzzy. Early box cameras were only corrected for blue light and "ordinary" film.
Best regards

John
Andrew Shepherd
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Andrew Shepherd »

Here's my entry...treble trouble me thinks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Andrew Shepherd
http://www.redshank.net
Myra
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Myra »

This is Des, a proud dad with Ian our eldest son, and Lucas & Rowan our two Grandsons, it was taken at a restaurant to celebrate Lucas`s 18th birthday.

Dick Hankin
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Dick Hankin »

This is my Stepdaughter Nicola With her dog Charlie.When taking this Photo I was the Proudest Man on this Planet

Sue
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by Sue »

This is Zoe & Peter on their wedding day, Definitely Bride Pride (I was very pleased with this one too)
Attachments
Bridesmaides-&-Bestmen.jpg
Bridesmaides-&-Bestmen.jpg (211.1 KiB) Viewed 9909 times
Best wishes

Sue
keith richardson
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by keith richardson »

Admiral Lord Collinwood.
collinwood small.jpg
collinwood small.jpg (115.5 KiB) Viewed 9906 times
Firstly I am immensely proud of both my sons, and other members of my family, but I thought that I would enter something that changes the tack of this competition somewhat, and maybe also gives Mark a bit of a chance to avoid the awkward position of having to choose a winner from a selection of family portraits.
So my entry is this remarkable tribute to Admiral Lord Collinwood, The Collinwood Monument at Tynemouth.
Collinwood was a close friend of Lord Nelson, and after Nelsons' untimely death mid battle, he took charge of the English fleet at the Battle of Trafalgar, and probably saved England from invasion by Napoleon. His ship, The Royal Sovereign, was the first to engage the enemy, and he almost sank their flagship,The Santa Anna before any other English ships had even fired a shot. He died of cancer a few years later and his body lies beside that of Nelson in St Pauls Cathedral.
He was born in Newcastle and lived nearby all his life, and there are several streets in the north east named after their local hero, and this monument, which stands at the mouth of the river Tyne, was paid for by public subscription by the people of Newcastle to honour one of their own.

regards, keith.
Tom Gerrard

Post by Tom Gerrard »

PRIDE

“I am proud to be a Jew and every single one of my ancestors was Jewish. I am Jewish because some of my family have been killed for being Jewish, and I am Jewish for them, for me, and for all the people in the holocaust who died and are not recognized for it. It makes me feel so proud to be Jewish when I hear stories about Jewish people that have died because they were proud to be Jewish.”

Taken at Birkenhau Concentration Camp.
Attachments
Best Regards, Tom.
Best Regards, Tom.
TG.jpg (190.11 KiB) Viewed 9893 times
Walter Brooks
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by Walter Brooks »

... comes before a fall.
Venice 2009
“The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.”
― Dorothea Lange
LesleyD
Competitions Secretary
Competitions Secretary
Spam Protection: Maybe

Post by LesleyD »

This is my heritage - the beautiful Lake District. This is just one little part, Patterdale Valley looking across towards the Helvellyn range. I was born in Cumbria and spent many years exploring 'God's Little Acre', before moving to the Manchester area for work reasons. I miss not being able to be there in minutes as I used to, and get there when I can ....
Patterdale Valley
Patterdale Valley
Patterdale-Valley.jpg (16.14 KiB) Viewed 9783 times
TerryMooney

Post by TerryMooney »

This is a photograph I took on Bridgenorth railway station during a 1940's revival on the Severn Valley Railway in 2003.
He is Ex-Paratrooper W.Johnson of 9th Parachute Battalion one of 150 men who dropped into northern France the day before the D-Day Landings to disable four 100mm guns situated at Merville Battery east of Sword Beach the most easterly of the five beaches that we were to invade in the early morning of the 6th June 1944.

A very proud man 59 years on.
Attachments
Pride001-72px.jpg
Pride001-72px.jpg (185.09 KiB) Viewed 9763 times
pammie
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by pammie »

past British pride faded and decaying......

pammie
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by pammie »

past British pride faded and decaying......

PhilipHowe
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer
Spam Protection: Maybe

Post by PhilipHowe »

Pride and Prejudice
Attachments
PrideAndPrejudice.jpg
PrideAndPrejudice.jpg (114.49 KiB) Viewed 9725 times
http://philiphowe.co.uk
http://facebook.com/PhilipHowe

"Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop" -Ansel Adams and Philip Howe
Free Dropbox account link! http://db.tt/XvrZgQ68