Thursday 21st March 2013 - March Digital Comp

A place for Syllabus Updates and Comments
Janice Freeman
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer
Spam Protection: No

Thursday 21st March 2013 - March Digital Comp

Post by Janice Freeman »

Sorry, but this must have been asked a 100 times and stupidly I can't find what I need! I would like to have a go at the March Digital comp and am very proud that I have managed to re-size, name and do a zip folder - and I know they need to be sent to Keith, however, when I get his email address on the forum, there is nothing that allows me to attach the file. Am I using the right email? :oops:

Janice
"A good snapshot stops a moment from running away" Eudora Welty
Paul Jones
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: March Digital Comp

Post by Paul Jones »

Janice Freeman wrote: Am I using the right email? :oops:

Hi Janice

Use the email address that Keith posted in - viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2550
Paul
================
http://www.PaulJones.org

"As usual Paul is absolutely correct."
"In short, Paul is an absolutely brilliant mentor."
Janice Freeman
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by Janice Freeman »

Thank you Paul.

Jan
5S
keith richardson
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by keith richardson »

Hi Janice,
Just seen this post and I have checked, and your images have now been received and are fine.
Not sure which email address you were using before.
The address for images and entries to the club competitions, and any questions is... compsec.adaps@gmail.com.

As mentioned last night next Thursday (7th march) is the closing date for the final monthly competition on the 21st.
Early entries are appreciated as it gives me time to check them all.

If anyone has any problems feel free to ask. I am here to help

Regards, Keith.
Janice Freeman
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by Janice Freeman »

Thank you Keith, I will store the email address safely now!

Janice
5S
keith richardson
Committee Member
Committee Member

Hi,

The Monthly tables have now been updated for the year, and the winning images from the march Competition have been uploaded to the gallery.

Regards, keith.
LesleyD
Competitions Secretary
Competitions Secretary
Spam Protection: Maybe

Post by LesleyD »

Thanks Keith, but what you doing up at 2 a.m., you should be giving it the big ZZZZZ's by that time :-d Lesley
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: Thursday 21st March 2013 - March Digital Comp

Post by John »

Thanks Keith - that was fast with those tables!

A great, lively night and I think John Smith, our fine judge, raised an eyebrow when he not only got applause but cheers and whistles as well!

Very well done to Keith, our Winner! And very well done to Tracey, who now is the proud holder of the Les Law trophy for her portraits. Les would have approved, without a doubt.

Actually, we'll be dishing out more trophies again this year, which I think is a good thing. The trophies have been donated in past years by real ADAPS members, and there's an historic connection there that's worth holding on to. I can remember Les Law very well, he was well into his 80s and still turning out sparkling portaits and glamour shots.

A great competition season! 5S
Best regards

John
Gill Blower
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by Gill Blower »

A big thank you to Keith, the competitions both internal and external have been brilliant.

Congratulations to all the winners from last night, a very high standard has been set for next season. Also congratulations to the overall winners, very well deserved! 5S
Tracey McGovern
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by Tracey McGovern »

Thanks John and a big WELL DONE to everyone, the standard has been exceptional all year, making it one of the most exciting competitions that I know of as there were quite a few people vying for the top and last night could have gone any way, I was on the edge of my seat for sure, can't wait for the annuals.

Congratulations to Keith for being the over all winner, very well deserved, I'm really pleased for him.

Also a BIG THANK YOU to Keith too for all the time and effort he has put into not just the internal competitions but also the external competitions too, the inter club competitions and also the L&CPU and knockouts etc, he has certainly helped to put ADAPS on the map and made us a force to be reckoned with. 5S

I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooo chuffed at winning the Les Law Trophy, I feel so honoured, I promise to cherish and look after it.

Tracey x
mikeaspinall
Master Photographer
Master Photographer
Spam Protection: Maybe

Post by mikeaspinall »

What'a all this stuff about Keith?

O.K. He did do a fantastic job in running the monthly competition. Took over the battles and got us victories over St. Helens and of course Leigh and (hopefully)
we will destroy Altrincham in a couple of weeks. Yes I know he was also behind our best turnout in the L&CPU Annuals AND I suppose he is the best photographer in
the club having won the open competition for the umpteenth time. He's also and really nice chap who lets his pictures speak for him but that's all really. You should
see him in his fisherman's sweater with his 'face on'. Well you did actually.

I'm only joking Big Man. Let me add to the accolades you have received and congratulation on your win. The club wouldn't be the same without you.

Tracey - very well done on the Laws Trophy which was well deserved. Commiserations to Dynamic Dean but you just can't beat a perfect twenty my friend.

All in all a very good year at ADAPS. Long may it continue.
keith richardson
Committee Member
Committee Member

Hi,
( and it's 2am again :-] ).

Firstly thank you all for the comments on the forum. It is always nice to be appreciated, but of course none of the clubs' success would be possible if we weren't getting the standard of work to use from so many of the members that we are at present. Many of the images from just this months competition alone will be up there for consideration in the upcoming battles.

Despite the problems with the dicentra, (and a small modicum of personal abuse :) ), I think last night was probably one of the best competition nights we have had at the club, and topped off the season nicely. John Smith is always a very good and entertaining judge who always helps to make the evening go down well, and of course he knows a good picture when he sees one, or many in this instance.
Many congratulations to Tracey on winning the Les Law trophy. A well deserved win and I am sure it will be well looked after and polished regularly.
Congratulations to all the winners of our new medals, and good luck to everyone in the upcoming Annuals.

Regards, Keith.