30th May 2013 - Auction Night

A place for Syllabus Updates and Comments
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

30th May 2013 - Auction Night

Post by John »

Auction Night is a lively event and our resident auctioneer, Alan Duckworth, will lead us through an array of photographic items.

You can bring along any items you want to sell and they will be offered. Please also bring a list of your items, clearly marked with any reserve. The club takes 10% of the sale price as a donation.

Sue Boon collects the cash and keeps the tally, and it is appreciated when it is cash rather than a cheque. If you can pay as you win items please it keeps the accounting much simpler.

Last year we were getting some good items auctioned and this year we are off to a flying start as we have some donations of classic and also more recent gear that have come via my own activities as "John Riley Photography". For example, there is a mint Russian film camera up for grabs.

So please arrive early for viewing and we start our evening at the usual time of 8pm. The clubrooms are open from about 7.15pm.
Best regards

John
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: 30th May 2013 - Auction Night

Post by John »

Just to clarify, photographic items only please.
Best regards

John
danny
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by danny »

Has any body got a good 82 mm skylight or uv filter danny they might want to sell I will be at the club tonight , Danny
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

I can find an 86mm, you'd need a step-up ring.
Best regards

John
danny
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by danny »

Thanks John but it needs to be 82 mm otherwise won't be able to fit the lens hood thanks for looking Danny
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

Thanks are due to Alan, our auctioneer. Also to Sue Boon, who handled the finances. And to Tracey for running up and down delivering items and collecting the cash.

Also thanks to all our donators of goodies, you are all appreciated very much. I haven't all the figures, but I believe that Gerry alone donated over £50 of items. Barry offered a generous 25% to the club for his items. Roy Hesketh donated two left over lenses to the club collection.

Some very interesting items changed hands tonight!
Best regards

John
Janice Freeman
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer
Spam Protection: No

Post by Janice Freeman »

Sounds as though it was a good night. Sorry I could not make it - my car is off the road. Hopefully back tomorrow.

:( Jan
"A good snapshot stops a moment from running away" Eudora Welty
Pensioner
Spam Protection: No

Post by Pensioner »

Walter has informed me that inside the large Lowepro bag he bought was a Gimbal Head and two lens plates of mine which I stupidly didn't unpack to be auctioned off last night.

He's kindly offered to meet me next week at ADAPS and return it whereupon I would ask John to announce that it is for sale with 25% of monies raised going to club funds, as on the Auction night.

For those that are unsure a Gimbal head attaches to a tripod and is used to balance and support large lenses making them easier to angle (do a search on WWW).If anyone is interested or know of anyone who may be you know where to get one cheaply. More money for club funds?

Barry
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

No problem, we can do a quick auction! Thanks to Walter and Barry!
Best regards

John
mark dyson
Photographer
Photographer

Post by mark dyson »

Thanks to Alan for the auction and hope he enjoyed the clap he fully deserved. Alan, you missed that one and I was so looking forward to it. :lol:
Tracey McGovern
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by Tracey McGovern »

I missed his comments about images being "over exposed" - and he had plenty of opportunity too..!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tracey
DaveSouthern
Elite Member
Elite Member
Spam Protection: Maybe

Post by DaveSouthern »

I really enjoyed the Auction Night last Thursday.

Very lively, relaxing and hilarious.

Roll on the next one.

Dave
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

The auction raised over £200 for club funds. many thanks to everyone who brought goods in, who bought goods and took them away, to Alan Duckworth for his efforts as auctioneer and to Sue Boon for keeping track of the cash.
Best regards

John