Battle against South Manchester

A place for Syllabus Updates and Comments
keith richardson
Committee Member
Committee Member

Battle against South Manchester

Post by keith richardson »

Hi,

Well tonight we had our first ever inter club battle against South Manchester CC.
The judge was Mike Lawrence and it turned out to be a closely fought contest with the final scores being

Digital..

ADAPS....176
SMCC.....171

Prints..

ADAPS....177
SMCC.....178

Final Scores....

ADAPS....353
SMCC.....349

Our best scoring images were 'Jade' by Gerry, 'In thought' by Dean and my ' Portrait of doreen grey', which all scored 20 points.

I am sure that the members from SMCC were made to feel very welcome on their first visit and we can look forwards to the return match next January in Didsbury.
Thank you to everyone who let us use your pictures.

Cheers,
keith.
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: Battle against South Manchester

Post by John »

Thanks Keith, it was a good battle with lots of interesting quality images. Mike Lawrence did a lively and informed judging, with plenty of good humour and a sense that he really enjoyed the pictures.
Best regards

John
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: Battle against South Manchester

Post by John »

I received this kind e-mail from Graham Currey on behalf of South Manchester CC:
Hi John

A very big thank you to all of you at ADAPS last night. It was a lovely evening and you made us all very welcome. It is so refreshing to share a passion for photography with a club so friendly as yours and I commend you for the professional way that you run your club and the spirit that your members convey. My fellow members were blown away by what a nice place it was and I felt totally vindicated for promoting the battle that Keith suggested to me a while back. I also thought Mike Lawrence was able excellent judge on the night and a wise choice.

Please pass on my best wishes and my sentiments in this email to your members at your next meeting at ADAPS.

Kind Regards

Graham Currey
Best regards

John