Saturday Workshiop on Studio Lighting

A place for Syllabus Updates and Comments
melbarnes
Vice Chair
Vice Chair
Spam Protection: No

Saturday Workshiop on Studio Lighting

Post by melbarnes »

Had a really good few hours at ADAPS today with Stuart Brides demonstrating studio lighting techniques. Stuart had prepared a really detailed and illustrated slide show from which I learned quite a lot. Then he demonstrated the techniques and encouraged all the attendees to have a go at achieving the various lighting types on classic photos that he had selected from the internet. The comments expressed by other attendees echoed mine in that, like the camera handling workshop, it was a very worthwhile session, and we look forward to more of these practical sessions. Thanks very much Stuart, and also thanks to all the attendees who acted as models.
"Aim for the moon - if you miss you'll land amongst the stars."
Nikonrick
Initiate
Initiate

Re: Saturday Workshiop on Studio Lighting

Post by Nikonrick »

As a new member of ADAPS I am really keen to improve my photography skills. The lighting course run by Stuart on Saturday at the club was very educational and fun. Thank you Stuart for sharing your knowledge, photography equipment and helping all us members who attended. I am really glad I came. Thank you Mel for helping me with PhotoShop. Looking forward to more similar days. Once again, thank you all. 5S
Gordon Armstrong
Chair
Chair

Post by Gordon Armstrong »

Excellent session on Saturday. I have never used "proper" lights and I have always been a bit daunted. Many thanks to Stuart for sharing his time and knowledge (and trusting us with his equipment) . We had a great day and I am now planning to get a pair of speedlights and some stands and modifiers to dip my toe in the water.
Thanks also to the committee for supporting these sessions on Saturdays. One of the benefits of having our own club rooms is that we can use the facilities to support each other. It was good to actually see cameras at the club!!

Gordon :-d
TerryA
Initiate
Initiate

Post by TerryA »

I can only re-iterate what's already been said, even though I didn't stay 'til the end I found the whole experience very enjoyable and informative. Thanks to Mel and Stuart for the time and effort they put in.......not to mention the other contributors. Many thanks and lots more of them, I hope......