A place for Syllabus Updates and Comments
LesleyD
Competitions Secretary
Competitions Secretary
Spam Protection: Maybe

New Competition Season 2018-19 is Almost Here

Post by LesleyD »

Hi All!

The new competition season is almost upon us now, and I am looking forward to seeing the amazing images I’ve come to expect from you all!

You can access the full rules and forms in the download section of our website https://adapsuk.org/wordpress/our-club/downloads/ but please note the following regarding the first competition, which is Prints:

Print entries should be mounted on card 40 cm x 50 cm and your name, image title and sequence number should appear in the top left hand corner on the reverse of the mount. If you wish to have your image entered in the Les Law portrait competition, this should be indicated clearly with a ‘P’. There will be a box on the table at the front of the room to put your entries into.

In order to prepare a slide show of entries for the Print competitions I also need a digital version of your print(s). The slide show will be shown immediately before the judging. The judge will not base his decisions on viewing the slide show.

Digital versions of print entries can be handed to me at club (on a memory stick, which will be returned to you), or emailed to compsec.internal.adaps@gmail.com. If you email your images to me I will reply to your email, to acknowledge I have received them and they have downloaded OK. If you don’t get an email from me then assume I haven’t received your entry and contact me at the club.

Please note – if you do not wish your digital image(s) to appear on the club’s website gallery I need your clear instruction – either on a note accompanying your memory stick, or in the email. I don’t have access to the privacy forms we all signed, and will very likely forget a verbal request, so please don’t rely on my memory, which is like a sieve.

Last but not least, good luck to you all for a successful season! If I’ve forgotten anything just submit a comment or drop me an email. The competition dates are as follows:

2018-19 Deadline Competition
20/09/2018 06/09/2018 Monthly Competition 1 - Prints
04/10/2018 20/09/2018 Ladies v Gents Competition - DPI
18/10/2018 04/10/2018 Monthly Competition 2 - DPI
22/11/2018 08/11/2018 Monthly Competition 3 - Prints
06/12/2018 22/11/2018 Joe Jackson Straight Out of Camera - DPI
17/01/2019 03/01/2019 Monthly Competition 4 - DPI
14/02/2019 31/01/2019 Monthly Competition 5 - Prints
14/03/2019 28/02/2019 Monthly Competition 6 - DPI
11/04/2019 28/03/2019 Annual Competition - Prints
18/04/2019 04/04/2019 Annual Competition - DPI
13/06/2019 30/05/2019 Terry Mooney Set Subject Competition - DPI (Subject TBA)

Lesley
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: New Competition Season 2018-19 is Almost Here

Post by John »

If you download the monthly entry form from the website, save it to a folder on your computer.

When you open the form you will be able to enter the details directly into the form. Simply save this version under a suitable name.

The form has a Submit button. When you press this it will automatically open an e-mail to Lesley with the form attached. You can also attach a zipped folder with digital image versions for the slide show. Just send the e-mail and the form is done.

It's important to use the entry forms as it confirms your permissions under GDPR regulations. There are two permissions boxes to tick, the first gives permission to store your information digitally (essential) and the second confirms we can use your image on the website (optional, but desirable).

Please note that anyone who has not renewed their membership cannot enter the competitions. Please check your membership cards are marked 2019.
Best regards

John
LesleyD
Competitions Secretary
Competitions Secretary
Spam Protection: Maybe

Re: New Competition Season 2018-19 is Almost Here

Post by LesleyD »

Thanks for clarifying the usage of the form John - I don't think I advised the members very clearly on Thursday last.

Anyway - for info to all our members - I'm not at club on 6 September (this coming Thursday), but I will bring the print entries box down to the club during the afternoon, so members can bring their entries in as normal. If you all leave your prints in the box, I'll collect them on Friday morning. I'm at club as usual on 13 September and will take entries on that day, but that will be the final deadline.

Thanks everyone.

Lesley