Thurs 29 11 2018 - John Riley

A place for Syllabus Updates and Comments
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Thurs 29 11 2018 - John Riley

Post by John »

John Hardman and myself have had various discussions over the year and John decided he would like to have some learning sessions, something more practical.

Out of this we have scheduled several learning/workshop style evenings, but on a Thursday night rather than for a limited Saturday morning audience which misses a lot of members who can't attend.

The first evening I'm presenting as a "camera handling" one, but in fact it goes a bit beyond this and we'll be looking at various simple tips and other ideas to improve our photography. I'll also be looking to definitively answer a few common questions such as should we use a protective filter on our lenses. Rather than rely on the "received wisdom" I've run new experiments and have an answer for you.

There will also be a chance to have a look at and handle (carefully please!) a wide variety of camera types. Current types that is; those who are interested in loading up the donkey with huge glass plates and wooden cameras will find plenty in our archive, but I won't be bringing a donkey into ADAPS.

Later on, there will be more evenings for us to explore the basics of photography - aperture, shutter speed and ISO, starting with aperture in the traditional Chairman's Night slot at the beginning of January 2019. The material presented will be all-new, prepared especially for ADAPS. :[]
Best regards

John
JOJO
Elite Member
Elite Member
Spam Protection: No

Re: Thurs 29 11 2018 - John Riley

Post by JOJO »

I will no doubt have LOTS of questions :lol:
Joanne

"Anybody can be a great photographer if they zoom in enough on what they love." - David Bailey