Competition scores

A place for Syllabus Updates and Comments
Stu B
Master Photographer
Master Photographer
Spam Protection: Maybe

Competition scores

Post by Stu B »

Could I make a request that we dont post the monthly competition scores to facebook for everyone to see.
Regards

Stuart....
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: Competition scores

Post by John »

We don't. What we do is post a link to the website where the results are updated on a monthly basis.

If you have something in mind have a chat with me at the club and I'll see what the issues are.
Best regards

John
Stu B
Master Photographer
Master Photographer
Spam Protection: Maybe

Post by Stu B »

Which currently has had 48 views. 30% of which to my knowlege arn't members.
Regards

Stuart....
danny
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by danny »

Can i also add that there is an incorect image detail in this month’s competition gallery Charlotte is by me danny baker not by Simon just in case one of Simons photos is missing and scored 18 i think Danny. :??
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

I'll correct that for you Danny as soon as I can.
Best regards

John
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

Done.
Best regards

John
BydoR9
Master Photographer
Master Photographer
Spam Protection: No

Post by BydoR9 »

Can I chip-in on a different note please?

The new rule for only one 20 score to be given to the winner only is something that I do personally agree with (for what it's worth).

My gripe is that about four 20s were awarded in September! Not fair to that month's winner and not fair going forward for everyone else for the rest of the season.

I'm aware that the judge was instructed to give one 20 only, but ignored it, so it sort of couldn't be helped in that instant?

In the interest in fairness and consistency (which I assume was the reason for this rule in the first place) we (The Club) should be more strict in enforcing this new rule.

Thanks,
Andy
alankemp
Initiate
Initiate
Spam Protection: No

Post by alankemp »

Hi, just my thoughts on this topic, in the last comp (DPI), the judge stuck to the instructions and only awarded 1 '20', but in doing so he awarded a lot of '19', probably around ten in total.

He marked the 19's in two separate batches, so obviously he thought the second set of 19's was better than the first set, but his hands were tied , but it was obvious to me that he would have scored the second set of 19's as 20's to differentiate them from the first batch of 19's

So my suggestion would be let the judge decide on how to score and then us as a club give the winning image a score of 21 in the league table

regards, Alan