Joe Jackson Comp 5th December

A place for Syllabus Updates and Comments
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Joe Jackson Comp 5th December

Post by John »

Time is running out for entries for the Joe Jackson Straight Out of Camera Landscape competition.

Please let me have your entries (direct to me for this one please) and I will check and resize them all for the competition.

All you have to do is let me have up to five JPEG captures, straight out of camera with no post processing whatsoever. This is attempting to replicate the shooting of slides (transparencies) where it was critical to get the exposure and composition right in the camera.

You can tailor your JPEG before you press the shutter, so for example you might choose a picture style of Natural, Vivid, Lanscape, even monochrome, as this is simulating the fact that we would have chosen a film type that suited. Fast and grainy? Fine grain but very slow (low ISO) and so on.

Any questions please ask, but either e-mail your entries, which could be difficult as the file sizes will be large, or let me have them on CD or pen drive. Deadline is 28th November.

Subject matter is "the natural landscape" so any signs of buildings and people should be secondary to the main subject.

This is always a very popular competition. There is a trophy, a very impressive trophy, and Joe's widow Margaret will be presenting that on the night.
Best regards

John
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: Joe Jackson Comp 5th December

Post by John »

The entries are all in, something like 64 of them, and there are some very interesting and excellent images amongst them.

Colin Douglas will be judging and Margaret Jackson is intending to be with us to watch the competition and then present the trophy.
Best regards

John