Using the Clubrooms

A place for discussions not specifically catered for elsewhere
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Using the Clubrooms

Post by John »

Just a clarification on the use of the clubrooms for studio sessions.

There are two types of extra event - those which are part of the club's general programme which are open to all and those which are privately booked by a member or a group of members.

General events are open to all unless there is a limit on numbers for some reason and then a list is run, usually "first come first served" or by draw.

Private events can take place and a member or group of members can hire the use of the rooms. I say hire, but the charge is a nominal one to cover the lighting and heating costs.

To book the rooms you need to contact me as I run the diary and we need to avoid anyone clashing. Contact me by PM, e-mail or phone and I'll tell you if your preferred dates and times are free. A few people are doing this now so it's ever more important to book in properly. You also need to have a key holder available to let you in and lock up (I will arrange this for you) and need to have been a member for at least one year.

There are backdrops available in the clubroom, and these are kept in good order. You will have noticed there is now a pulley system gradually being installed to make the use of these easier. Many thanks to Mac for that.

You should bring your own lights or use the tungsten lights to be found in the back studio area.

Please be aware that club rules restrict the use of the rooms to non-commercial use, so no business use please.

I'll mention this on Thursday as well as it's become apparent that not everyone was aware of how the system works. Hope that helps!
Best regards

John
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: Using the Clubrooms

Post by John »

The clubrooms have now been upgraded and made usable, and for the 2018-2019 season the price to members of hiring the rooms is £20 per day or part of a day. This flat rate gives access and use for the whole day and evening, or as much of it as needed. It covers costs of heating and lighting, wear and tear and hopefully leaves a small donation for club funds to aid with general upkeep.

The rooms are for the personal use of ADAPS members and are one of the benefits of club membership.

Please contact me for availability and to make a booking.
Best regards

John