Southport Flower Show Competition 2013

A place for discussions not specifically catered for elsewhere
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Southport Flower Show Competition 2013

Post by John »

Here's some details of a competition you might like to have a go at:
“Ever since I was given my first camera at the age of about eight, photography has been a part of my life. I love taking photographs whether for professional purposes, for my enjoyment or by sharing them to give pleasure to my family and friends. So why not share some of your photographs and enter our competition? It doesn't matter how grand or simple your camera and no matter what your age - after all someone has to win! Good luck.”

This is a quote from our Patron, Professor Stefan Buczacki, on his love of photography.

We are delighted to launch the 2013 competition, for which I attach details and an entry form. As you will see, we have introduced an additional class, ‘Creative Digital’, which is digitally based.

We particularly welcome entries from ‘Young Photographers’ – aged 16 or under on May 31st 2013.

Entry forms are downloadable from our website www.southportflowershow.co.uk and photocopies of the form are acceptable. Alternatively, you can now enter online on our new competition website www.flowershowphoto.co.uk.

The closing date for entries is Friday 31st May 2013.

Judging will take place at the end of June. The winners and runners-up will be notified shortly afterwards and will be invited to receive their certificates and cheques from Professor Buczacki on Thursday 15th August, the first day of the Southport Flower Show. The winning and commended entries will be displayed at the 2013 Southport Flower Show, as will many of the other entries in the competition.

Please visit our website for information on this and all our competitions. The website also contains details of forthcoming attractions at this year’s show plus information on all types of show tickets.

If you have any queries on the competition please do not hesitate to contact me on 01704 547147 or email lainie@southportflowershow.co.uk.

We look forward to receiving your entries and wish you the very best of luck – as Professor Buczacki says “after all someone has to win!”

Kind regards

Lainie Fletcher

Southport Flower Show Team
Best regards

John