Ron and Elizabeth Pickford

A place for discussions not specifically catered for elsewhere
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Ron and Elizabeth Pickford

Post by John »

I've just received a very nice letter from Ron and Elizabeth enclosing copies of some old photographs of the early years of ADAPS. Ron's father was Frank Pickford, an early long standing ADAPS member who emigrated to Canada some years ago.Frank was president from 1979-1983, Treasurer in 1938 and Secretary from 1939-1944.

Ron has kept up his father's connection over the years and says his Dad would be proud to see how ADAPS has survived over the years, going from strength to strength and keeping pace with immense changes in photography.

I'll be posting the images in our gallery Archive soon and Len will be putting the prints into our physical archive and onto our archive hard drives. I think it's great that we have so much heritage and we should all be proud to be a part of the ongoing story.
Best regards

John
Tracey McGovern
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: Ron and Elizabeth Pickford

Post by Tracey McGovern »

That's nice John. Nice that he should take such an interest after all these years. Yes, we do have a club we should be proud of.

Tracey
Mike
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer
Spam Protection: No

Re: Ron and Elizabeth Pickford

Post by Mike »

Gotta love the internet - keeps us in touch with lots of things we would otherwise know nothing about!
--------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk