"On Shingle Shore"

A place for discussions not specifically catered for elsewhere
yachtsman1
Master Photographer
Master Photographer
Spam Protection: No

"On Shingle Shore"

Post by yachtsman1 »

I've been playing around with various musical instruments to try to produce suitable music for my AV shows & avoid the copyright trap. Earlier this week I took delivery of a Yamaha MX61 synthesizer. I've have played various instrument so I have some musicality, but never a keyboard apart from a brief brush with a Yamaha electric organ back in 2004.
This morning I sat down & composed & recorded my first keepable track on the MX61, connected to my PC via a USB cable & directly into Audacity. I then edited it by increasing the amplifcation by about 50% of what Audacity suggested, then adjusted the treble setting until I got it as near as dammit as I could hear from the MX61 speakers. I then exported "Shingle Shores" my name for the track, as an MP3 & added it to a set of images we had taken last year on our Kent holiday. I had these images in mind when I composed the track as I thought they would go well together. The Completed AV show "On Shingle Shores" is available on YouTube using this link. Hope you like it.
Eric
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kem_8SIXFA
Attachments
ss1.jpg
ss1.jpg (165.69 KiB) Viewed 6034 times
Mike
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: "On Shingle Shore"

Post by Mike »

Very nice! I hope you are enjoying putting these together.
--------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
yachtsman1
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by yachtsman1 »

Hi Mike
At the moment I'm still just finding out what the machine can do. I've cut my first album so to speak & tried to market it on Facebook & Gumtree without much success. However, in the process I am building a store of copyright free tracks, some of which may come into use in my next show, I hope.
Regards Eric
Yachtsman1.
https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/roya ... 1140276775
Janice Freeman
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by Janice Freeman »

An eminently suitable composition for the subject. Nicely done! Good luck with the album.

Jan
"A good snapshot stops a moment from running away" Eudora Welty
yachtsman1
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by yachtsman1 »

Hi Janice
I don't usually browse the ADAPS site only the forum, so my apologies for not replying, I've only just seen your post :oops:
Thanks for the comments, I completed the first album & almost completed the second. Unfortunately, unless I use existing shows I don't have anything to add the new tracks to. Having the synthesizer has made me listen more closely to the background music on some TV shows & it's surprising how many are produced using synthesizer sounds.
At the moment I'm trying to find somewhere within a reasonable distance from Southport, that doesn't involve much walking when we get there, to get a series of images together for a new show. We've flogged most of them to death but I'm sure something will come to mind before Christmas.
Regards Eric.