Photo book

A place for discussions not specifically catered for elsewhere
Gordon Armstrong
Chair
Chair
Spam Protection: No

Photo book

Post by Gordon Armstrong »

I have just completed my first photo book as a souvenir of our recent holiday. We wanted it for memories and to show family and friends without boring them rigid in front of a computer screen!!!!

I used Abelli because I had a voucher from Amazon local but I was quite impressed. The website was user friendly and allowed considerable flexibility in page layout and uploading images was quick and efficient. We were very pleased with the quality of the finished product.

They aren't cheap (unless you can get a voucher) but they do seem to have regular offers.

The book is available to view on line if any one is interested. Please note that the images are essentially uneditted to act as reminders to us and I know about the out of focus images, wonky horizons and dust spots!!!! :-d They are being dealt with!

http://www.albelli.co.uk/view-online-ph ... 4526a87b5e
"People say that nothing is impossible, but some times I can do nothing all day"

Gordon
Tracey McGovern
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: Photo book

Post by Tracey McGovern »

Gordon

What an excellent way to show your holiday photos, this is something I've been meaning to do for some time with mine, never seem to have enough time though. I love your book and you have organised it really well. You have got lots of great images in there which you can look back on, much better than looking on a computer screen.

Tracey x
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

Thanks for sharing Gordon, I enjoyed those.

It's a great way to preserve our memories and something that people will actually look at many times, much better than a slide show that has to be viewed on a screen.
Best regards

John
Paul Jones
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by Paul Jones »

Well done Gordon.

You're right that it's an excellent way to share / keep photos. I've made several photobooks using Blurb.com. The process of laying out the pages and compiling the book is good fun too.

Another thing I do is to produce a holiday photos DVD so everyone can view the photos on the big screen.
Paul
================
http://www.PaulJones.org

"As usual Paul is absolutely correct."
"In short, Paul is an absolutely brilliant mentor."
Janice Freeman
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by Janice Freeman »

A lovely way to record and present your holiday Gordon. I love the way that you have included the detail shots - so often overlooked, but for me they add to the flavour of the place visited. Very nicely done.

I have also made photobooks of special holidays with the family and they love them. I use Blurb books. Very good value and the quality is excellent. Looking forward to making another this year. This year, I made my first Calendar and they have really been appreciated.

They make lovely gifts.

Janice.
"A good snapshot stops a moment from running away" Eudora Welty