SRGB Photo exhibition

A place for discussions not specifically catered for elsewhere
keith richardson
Committee Member
Committee Member

SRGB Photo exhibition

Post by keith richardson »

Hi everyone.

There is currently, until this friday, an exhibition at the Wayfarers Arcade, on Lord Street in Southport.

This is the exhibition of the 'SRGB National Print Appreciation' BPE Salon.

If you have considered entering or thinking of entering any BPE National Salons or competitions, then this is well worth a look as there are over 200 prints on display. There were almost 1000 entries, and these were the ones that were accepted into the exhibition.

So you will see many high quality prints by arguably the best club photographers in the UK. This will also give you some idea of the standard of the work that is usually accepted if you were thinking of going down that road at some point in the future, which I hope some of you are.

And with this being one of the few Print Only competitions, it is an ideal chance to see the images at their best, in print, rather than as a thumbnail in a catalogue, or on a PC screen or projector.

As a bonus, as one of the organisers of the Salon, I will be manning the exhibition all day on Thursday 6th October, so there is even more reason to pop through :).

The Wayfarers Arcade is also an excellent place to visit, with some very nice homely little cafes and an olde worlde sweet shop, ( which is where you might find me if I am not in plain sight when you arrive ) ....:).

Look forwards to seeing some of you there.

Cheers,
Keith.
melbarnes
Vice Chair
Vice Chair
Spam Protection: No

Re: SRGB Photo exhibition

Post by melbarnes »

Gwen and I went to this exhibition on Friday - there were some stunning entries (including Keith's!) - it's well worth a visit. And there's a good guitar shop upstairs too.....
:-]
"Aim for the moon - if you miss you'll land amongst the stars."