Problems with Bridge

A place for discussions not specifically catered for elsewhere
Tracey McGovern
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Problems with Bridge

Post by Tracey McGovern »

Hi All

I need help, my Bridge is not working....

I have used Photoshop and Bridge for years, I subscribe monthly to the cloud. Everything has worked fine all this time.

I recently bought a new camera Canon 7D Mark II (previous camera was the original 7D which got damaged when we were burgled). I've just tried to load my pictures from my new camera into bridge for the first time. The pictures from the jpg versions are clearly visible (I always shoot in jpg and RAW), but the raw files aren't, they just show as CR2 tiles. When I clicked on them I got a message saying that "if I was trying to open the raw files from my camera I would need to update", so even though I wasn't opening them from my camera but directly from my PC, I went into "Photoshop help / update" and the computer started to update Adobe. But now Bridge won't open at all and I now get the following message "The programme can't start because MSVCR120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling it to fix it". I've done a complete shut down and re-start, but that hasn't worked.

Help....... I'm not very good with computers so don't know where to start to put this right. I use Bridge all the time, now it won't even open. I have a corporate photoshoot tomorrow and will need to start working on the pictures straight away so need to get this sorted asap.

Can anyone help me please....

Thanks
Tracey
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: Problems with Bridge

Post by John »

You need to update Camera Raw, but if it's not working then Adobe can talk you through what needs to be done. When I had a similar problem we started off via Live Chat online and then moved to a phone call. There are folders in the Adobe section of your hard drive that may need to be deleted so the new one can operate properly.
Best regards

John