Digital competition Entries..

A place for discussions not specifically catered for elsewhere
Stu B
Master Photographer
Master Photographer
Spam Protection: Maybe

Digital competition Entries..

Post by Stu B »

I was thinking of putting some entries into this months digital competion. I heard John say at one of the last meetings the size was now to be 1800 x 1400 pixels.. But what I wanted to know was.. When an image in portrait mode is projected.. What colour is the background on the screen so I can match it.. Is it black or white ?
Regards

Stuart....
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: Digital competition Entries..

Post by John »

The new size will be 1600 x 1200 px but we have decided to introduce it in September, with the start of the new winter season.

The background will be black as it is now.
Best regards

John
Stu B
Master Photographer
Master Photographer
Spam Protection: Maybe

Post by Stu B »

Thanks John...I must take more notice, when staring at the images...!!
Regards

Stuart....
keith richardson
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by keith richardson »

The L&CPU has already adopted the new sizes of 1600 by 1200 for last weeks Club competitions, and will do so again for anyone entering images into the L&CPU Individual competitions in April/May.

The Ted Colman Competition in May and the North Cheshire Challenges next weekend have also adopted the new sizes, so I think it is prudent that we all start using them for the Annuals next month rather than in September, especially if we are going to be choosing our Club Competition entries from the entries for the Annuals.

All entries for the monthlies are resized for dicentra anyway, so for next weeks competition you can send them in either 1400x1050 or 1600x1200.
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

If we're bringing it forward we need to tell everyone ASAP Keith. Otherwise it may well lead to general confusion.

The PDFs on the website will also need to be updated as they are offering current advice, not the new standard.
Best regards

John
Mike
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer
Spam Protection: No

Post by Mike »

How about accepting both formats for the next few months and become strict about the new standard in September?

People can always resize for the annual comp if their picture is chosen.
--------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
keith richardson
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by keith richardson »

For now we can accept either size, and it isn't a big problem for me to resize them. I already have some for next week that are straight out of camera, ie. 4000+ by 3000+ pixels, and I will resize them as I have done every month.

Maybe we should give notice that we will ask everyone to adopt the new sizes for the Annuals, rather than September. That way we can advise anyone who has a problem before the new season begins.
I will mention it tonight because I will also be informing members about the L&CPU individual competition, which opened for entries this week.