Message from Skye

A place for discussions not specifically catered for elsewhere
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Message from Skye

Post by John »

Hi. My name is Graham McPherson and I am a Landscape photographer living with my wife Penny on the Isle of Skye in a remote village called Tarskavaig. I bumped into Reg Haslam (Lancaster Photographic Society) here whom you may or may not know and he suggested I contact you in regard to offering photographic workshop holidays here on the island.

We have a room that we let out in the summer via airbnb and are generally booked from May to September. However, in my opinion, the best months for photographers on Skye are October to April as the sunrise and sunset are at social times and there are no midges. Reg thought it would be a great opportunity to offer accommodation and Landscape photography workshops over these months. Hence this email.

I have had a good number of my landscape images in national publications and have appeared in the Take a View Landscape Photographer of the Year book a couple of times.

At present I'm putting feelers out to see if anyone would be interested in a short Landscape Photography Workshop break here between January and April 2018 and then October 2018 to April 2019.
Penny and I live in Burnbank Cottage which can be seen on the airbnb site if you google "Airbnb Burnbank Cottage Skye" and we have a twin room. I'm looking to have two visitors at a time for a two or three day workshop which will be tailor made to suit. There will be breakfast and supper/dinner. Lunch will consist of soup and sandwiches. I can tutor in basic lightroom and photoshop if required and have an extensive knowledge of the local area.

Skye is very popular with tourists and busy in the summer but ideal from October - April as far as landscapes are concerned. From January there is generally snow on the mountains and all manner of weather conditions make for dramatic shots. If you would like to see some of my images then please google " Graham McPherson Skye Photographs "
Do let me know if this would be of interest to any of you.

Regards, Graham McPherson
Posted in case anybody is interested.
Best regards

John