Competition Gallery

A place for discussions not specifically catered for elsewhere
LesleyD
Competitions Secretary
Competitions Secretary
Spam Protection: Maybe

Re: Competition Gallery

Post by LesleyD »

Hi all - I’ve been away in London so haven’t been able to follow this, so am still absorbing all the content and will post my views later today.

However can I just put the record straight re Simon’s Spitfire. It had not been previously entered in a monthly comp, it was used in the Ladies v Gents comp we had, hence why everyone has an impression it had been used. Simon asked me before entering it and I advised him it was still eligible to go in the November monthly competition.

Lesley
LesleyD
Competitions Secretary
Competitions Secretary
Spam Protection: Maybe

Post by LesleyD »

Just following on from my post, you are right - many apologies! Simon's image was used in October digital comp entitled Squadron Leader, and I missed it because I'd searched my spreadsheet using the title Wing Commander. So that's my mistake, not Simon's as he did ask me about it.

Lesley
Mike
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer
Spam Protection: No

Post by Mike »

I am a bit late to the party but I think that the gallery shows a wide range of abilities and all uploads are to a good standard. From my perspective I think this is intended to show an inclusive attitude to all members and it records all the entries as well as the scores. I would hate to think that people are put off joining because they don't feel confident enough about the quality of their photographs.

I like to think that we celebrate excellence as well through the headline images and for example POTW.

I hope that everyone would agree that we spend a lot of time and effort to promote the club and make the website look enticing, professional and welcoming and that it works well!

Best

M
--------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk