Small but beautiful

All your ideas for the website, the forums and the club
Theo Dibbits
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Small but beautiful

Post by Theo Dibbits »

To show that you do not need £ 5000 worth of equipment to take a decent snap how about a photo shoot next summer to somewhere like a zoo, a flower show, Horwich carnival or whatever using only compact cameras or maybe using mobile phone cameras ( mind you I have no idea how to get pictures from my phone to the PC)

If we wanted to use it to try and encourage new members to join the club we could combine it with a friends and family day.

The results could either be put in a 1 off comp or put on the forum (or both)
Depending on the venue there could be different categories like: daftest picture, ugliest person, most creative viewpoint, best use of graining, "creative" blur, etc.
The focus would be on capturing the moment.

Theo
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: Small but beautiful

Post by John »

I'll let Pammie pick this one up, but I think it's a great idea.

After I got over the shock of thinking of going somewhere without DSLR and lenses for a whole day.....it would be great for anyone who isn't into photography so deeply yet. It would also make some of use work harder on getting the image without so much technical help from our expensive cameras.

Good idea Theo!
Best regards

John
pammie
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Re: Small but beautiful

Post by pammie »

Theo - this is a good idea, and it is something I was trying to get going when I scheduled in the evening for unmounted prints, and the "instructions" were that images could be made with any camera - although the idea did originally spring from those having a go at pinhole. I tried to stress the creative part, that the image was the important part not the technicallity of the camera; but I was unable to come on the actual evening, and I believe all/most of the images were taken with a digital anway.

But I still think it is a good, fun idea and agree we should have another go.

Thanks for the suggestion!