The Heady Aroma of Film

All things relating to Film Photography
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

The Heady Aroma of Film

Post by John »

Some of us might enjoy the smell of freshly baked bread, maybe otrange blossom, but who remembers the gorgeous smell of fresh film straight out of the canister?

Kodachrome and Kodak Tri-X both had it, maybe others too. An SD card just isn't the same.
Best regards

John
Walter Brooks
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Re: The Heady Aroma of Film

Post by Walter Brooks »

Indeed John, I have a few scattered around my home - garage, loft and shed ... and when I think no one is watching I flip off the top to the canister, cup it in my hands and inhale ... Ahhh Bliss ... and nowhere near as dangerous for you as Evo Stik in a plastic bag! :lol:

W 8)
“The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.”
― Dorothea Lange
Tracey McGovern
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by Tracey McGovern »

Walter

I'm starting to worry about you....!!!! :roll:

Tracey
mark dyson
Photographer
Photographer

Post by mark dyson »

Walter, you must have a good memory. I still get that pleasant satisfaction as a new roll goes in to my camera.
TerryMooney

Post by TerryMooney »

I've just opened a 36exp roll of Ilford FP$ Plus rated at 125 ISO - but I can't smell anything - Does that mean its out of date or should I try a film with a higher ISO ?

Or have I got a cold coming on after getting wet through last night walking part way home in the snow from our 'After Xmas Dinner' ?

Do hope everyone arrived home O.K. and did'nt have to abondon their transport.

Congratulations Tracey for your organising the venue and Thank You.

TerryMooney
yachtsman1
Master Photographer
Master Photographer
Spam Protection: No

Post by yachtsman1 »

I'm afraid my memory of film is not good, just back from a trip to Florida in the early eighties with 36 rolls of Canon A1 exposed colour film. In my bedroom darkroom processing the film & pouring the used chemicals down the self installed sink, little knowing one of the push together sink under floor waste pipe joints had parted company and that the lounge ceiling was filling with used chemcals. There was a scream when my wife & daughter returned from shopping to find the ceiling bulging down & dripping a toxic mess onto the carpet. I rushed down grabbed a bowl, punched a hole in the ceiling and started to drain it off as my wife ran to get a bucket for the remainder. The final outcome, a new ceiling & carpet, & the remainder of my flim photography processing consigned to Max Speilman. Moral of the story, if you are installing a sink waste with push together joints, don't use grease to lubricate the joint, use washing up liquid. :oops:
Regards Eric.
mark dyson
Photographer
Photographer

Post by mark dyson »

Sod the ceiling, hope the films processed ok.
markculshaw

Post by markculshaw »

(don't tell terry) that as one ages our hearing (YES HEARING), taste and smell diminishes!!!!

:)