Image attempt

A home for images for discussion and appraisal
Lee Bold
Photographer
Photographer

Image attempt

Post by Lee Bold »

Hope this works i've linked to my website so hopfully it will. One from this weekend, been playing with studio lights again. A friends daughter kayleigh who posed for me and will be doing more soon.
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

It worked just fine.

Nice pose and expression, perhaps a little more contrast would lift the skin tones?
Best regards

John
Paul Jones
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer
Spam Protection: No

Post by Paul Jones »

Hi Lee and thanks for posting.

You're making a good start with your studio lighting - keep practising!

There are some things that you could do to improve the appearance of images posted on the web:

1. I believe the image you posted is saved in Adobe RGB colourspace. Images posted onto the web need to be sRGB and NOT Adobe RGB.

Adobe RGB images will look flat and washed out on the web. If you Google the differences between Adobe RGB and sRGB for web use you will find lots of information. This website is one that I just found:

http://www.smugmug.com/help/srgb-versus-adobe-rgb-1998

It's simple enough to convert images to sRGB before you upload them to websites. Or you could simply capture your images in sRGB in camera.

2. I agree with John. The image is lacking 'punch', or contrast. Upping the contrast in an image can make a huge impact.

I hope you don't mind, but I've just done a very quick comparison to show you the difference a bit more contrast can make:

Best regards
Paul
================
http://www.PaulJones.org

"As usual Paul is absolutely correct."
"In short, Paul is an absolutely brilliant mentor."
Lee Bold
Photographer
Photographer

Post by Lee Bold »

Thanks john and paul the comments are more than welcome all the better for making my shots better. Definate differance paul between the two shots you learn something everyday. I'll also make any more images smaller before i put them on. Posted the large one last time instead of the smaller version.
Regards Lee :lol: :lol: