Off roading

A home for images for discussion and appraisal
jane-f

Off roading

Post by jane-f »

Been having a play with the off roading - they come down once a month, gives me chance to have a play with the camera and do something different.

Paul Jones
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer
Spam Protection: No

Re: Off roading

Post by Paul Jones »

Thanks for posting some images Jane.

Motor sport isn't a subject I'm familiar with, so I can't really offer any critique. But I think you did well to get close to the action. Did your camera not get splattered with mud on the last shot?

Best regards
Paul
Paul
================
http://www.PaulJones.org

"As usual Paul is absolutely correct."
"In short, Paul is an absolutely brilliant mentor."
allanhamer

Post by allanhamer »

Good shots. I like shot 2 in particular Jane. Where is this at, curious as I often see some 4x4s locally with "mud muppets" decals on them :-)
jane-f

Post by jane-f »

Nope paul - i've learned now where i can and can not stand.

With some of the hills the cars cant get up them, i know there supposed to be able but it gets that muddy over there
its like driving on oil, so am able to stand right in front, i know most of the drivers now so have got used to their ability's.

It happens in lower ince - near wigan at a private site, ideal for me as its just across the road,
the mud muppets occasionally come down, next one is on the 16th fancy dress comp on also
so that should be fun :lol:
collier15

Post by collier15 »

hi jane,

these are great shots. I have seen them from the canal whilst i have been riding my bike and thinking there could be some good shots over there and was wondering where it is.

How do you get to the action i have looked a couple of times but no luck is the entrance at the side of the cemetry becouse there are a couple of possibilites down there or is the entrance opposite the springview cricket club?

thanks
michael collier :-d
jane-f

Post by jane-f »

Hi michael

It would all depend on how you would be getting there, bike,walk or car

If bike/walk you can get to it down taylors lane, that's past the old police station - go straight down to the bottom, under the bridge to your right
and turn left down the track, careful of any cars as they don't slow down properly.

If by car - you need to go down cemetery road, follow it all the way past both cemmys and just before the industral units
there's a gate on your left - its the first gate, follow that all the way down - past the bridge and carry on.

I think the next one is on the 18th not to sure so will have to find out, i know its on every 4 weeks.

You may need wellys as it can sometimes get quite muddy over there and have some pocket money for cuppas, as the mobile cafe is there,
keep to the edge of everywhere as some of them are idiots and completely crazy, may see you there as i normally pop over to see friends.
collier15

Post by collier15 »

hi jane,
thanks for posting the details of how to get there I will do my best to get there on the 18th but i will still be looking while i'm on my bike on the canal but will prob go on the 18th in the car.

thanks

michael :-d
Stbourne
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Stbourne »

Hi Jane,
Those images certainly make the driving look like fun. You captured that really well.
With last years summer there was no lack of mud for the muppets :)

Shaun