GOODBYE OLD FRIENDS

A home for images for discussion and appraisal
mikeaspinall
Master Photographer
Master Photographer
Spam Protection: Maybe

GOODBYE OLD FRIENDS

Post by mikeaspinall »

The attached picture (Best Friends) has been seen many times in our Battles etc. but has now reached the end of the line and has at last retired. It has done me proud over
the last twelve months or more so - ego permitting - I would like to make a few comments please.
It was taken on an ADAPS outing to York and if anyone is considering going on future trips I would heartily recommend them to do so as not only does it give you lots of
chances to take some pictures you are also able to take advantage being with fellow members keen to share their experience and it's a damn fine day out.
The picture also shows just how difficult it is for judging. In the monthly comp. at the time it scored 17 points from memory, got a VHC in the Annuals, a 12/15 in the L&CPU
and in six or so battles scored from 16 points (twice) to 20 points (twice) along withy many conflicting comments from the judges but heh. I got a lot of pleasure from all of it.
I'm not in the same class as Tracey, Keith and the G.G. (not many are) but if I can do it so can anybody else so have a go and see where it leads you.
Cheers
Michael
Attachments
1H BEST FRIENDS.jpg
1H BEST FRIENDS.jpg (234.08 KiB) Viewed 5872 times
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: GOODBYE OLD FRIENDS

Post by John »

Well it's served you well and done well for ADAPS, so it retires with dignity. 5S
Best regards

John
Paul Jones
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer
Spam Protection: No

Post by Paul Jones »

mikeaspinall wrote: I'm not in the same class as Tracey, Keith and the G.G. (not many are) but if I can do it so can anybody else so have a go and see where it leads you.
You've made some good points Michael that our members can learn from.

I wouldn't worry about being in the same class as anyone else. Just aspire to be the best photographer you can be. 8)
Paul
================
http://www.PaulJones.org

"As usual Paul is absolutely correct."
"In short, Paul is an absolutely brilliant mentor."
Tracey McGovern
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by Tracey McGovern »

I completely agree with Paul
Paul wrote: Just aspire to be the best photographer you can be.
It's nice to compete but it's much nicer to produce something you are personally proud of and makes you feel good when you look at it, irrespective of what any judge says.

Tracey
paulinefisher
Photographer
Photographer

Post by paulinefisher »

An excellent image imho too Mike :-]

I always now take photographs for me, not for competitions, I have tried doing things the other way around and found that much of the pleasure of photography went out of the window. I agree also that to get out there and have fun either on group outings or with a togging mate is key. Ann and myself try to arrange days out on a regular basis to take photos although occasionally we talk more than we 'tog'. :lol:
melbarnes
Vice Chair
Vice Chair
Spam Protection: No

Post by melbarnes »

If I had taken that photo I'd be VERY pleased. You've captured a special moment and composition Mike.
"Aim for the moon - if you miss you'll land amongst the stars."
mikeaspinall
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by mikeaspinall »

Thanks Mel
I know that you like this picture as you have told me yourself.
The point of my comments were meant, of course, to encourage all members to have a go at putting in images which they like and
not to be put off by worrying about comments from Judge's etc. If you like what you have done then that's what matters really.
I agree with Paul that we should aspire to be the best we can but have to say that at my age, aspiration and inspiration have now been
replaced with perspiration and frustration.
Still, onwards and upwards. Hope that you get the chance to have one or more of your images in future battles Mel. I'm sure that you will.
Cheers
Michael