Studio shoot competition

A home for images for discussion and appraisal
Lee Bold
Photographer
Photographer

Re: Studio shoot competition

Post by Lee Bold »

I didn't think you was being over critical paul and no offense was taken. Everyone enjoyed it and hopefully they understand it a little more than they did before and now can develop the lighting more to create different effects. I usually shoot bare bulb for most of my work which is my personal preferance, others prefer to use soft boxes, umbrellas etc. everyone has their own work ethic.
I don't know all the answers or the technical side to it all but as was said the fun is in the experimenting to find what works and what doesn't, it can sometimes throw up the most bizarre effects.
But yes take your time and if you only take 10 images but them 10 are all quality shots that work well.
I think paul will agree that you can have 100+ shots from a shoot that don't ever get edited for various factors. They aren't wasted you have to look and learn from them as to why they don't quite work.
Lee
Paul Jones
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer
Spam Protection: No

To Lesley D

Post by Paul Jones »

Hi Lesley

I'd just like to congratulate you on achieving a 10/10 winner with your image 'Rebecca 2' (see above) in your first ever Prints Competition last night at the club. :D The first of many, no doubt....

I was really pleased with your comments after the competition. Thanks.
Paul
================
http://www.PaulJones.org

"As usual Paul is absolutely correct."
"In short, Paul is an absolutely brilliant mentor."
LesleyD
Competitions Secretary
Competitions Secretary
Spam Protection: Maybe

Post by LesleyD »

Hi Paul

Thanks for your posting. As I said last night, you gave me sound advice on how to improve that shot of Rebecca and I followed it - with successful results! I really appreciate that.

I'd like to take the opportunity to say 'thank you' to all of the members who have helped and advised both myself and Gill since we joined the club. We both feel we have improved tremendously since we joined last year.

I hope I can do it again! I've set myself a standard now. Gulp!

Lesley
Paul Jones
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer
Spam Protection: No

Post by Paul Jones »

LesleyD wrote: Hi Paul
Thanks for your posting. As I said last night, you gave me sound advice on how to improve that shot of Rebecca and I followed it - with successful results! I really appreciate that.
Thanks Lesley.
I'm glad someone appreciates me... :D :D :D
Paul
================
http://www.PaulJones.org

"As usual Paul is absolutely correct."
"In short, Paul is an absolutely brilliant mentor."