I can not view raw files

All things relating to Digital Photography
mark dyson
Photographer
Photographer

I can not view raw files

Post by mark dyson »

I have a new laptop[ with windows 7 and I can not view the photos like i could in windows xp. When I went into my pictures my photos are there but the files had a flower icon on the file. Having downloaded the softwere from Sony I now have the photo files with AWR followed by the image file number. Is there a fix that lets me see the photo as icons. So much for progress.
mark dyson
Photographer
Photographer

Re: I can not view raw files

Post by mark dyson »

All sorted. downloaded camera codec for photo gallery and has converted all the files in windows.
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

I'll move this into Digital so it gets noticed better. Help & Support is really site help & support.

I'm not sure you can view RAW files in Windows, regardless. But you should get an icon shoring what sort of file it is. Mine show DNG. If you get a new camera, that can be a problem if you have an old version of Photoshop. Sometimes an upgrade to a new version is needed as Adobe stop support for the older one.
Best regards

John
yachtsman1
Master Photographer
Master Photographer
Spam Protection: No

Post by yachtsman1 »

Hi Mark
Back to basics, I assume you went into view & made sure the setting was correct.
Regards Eric
Attachments
Icon.jpg
Icon.jpg (62.52 KiB) Viewed 4532 times
mark dyson
Photographer
Photographer

Post by mark dyson »

All my raw photo files now show a small picture of the image with the image file number below when I open up my picturs in explorer. I can see what photos I am going to open or put in which order in my file system. If you open live photo gallery and attempt to open a raw file you get a box telling you can not do it and prompts you to download the codec and this will sort it out.