LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE BIG MAN.

A place for discussions not specifically catered for elsewhere
mikeaspinall
Master Photographer
Master Photographer
Spam Protection: Maybe

LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE BIG MAN.

Post by mikeaspinall »

Coming to the end of the year I just want to thank one person in particular for all his tireless work over the last months. Keith
has done some sterling work for us a Competition Secretary what with all the monthly competitions, battles and even L&CPU events
and it's been a lot to do with him that the club is now much better thought of in the right circles. Cheers Keith.

BIG JOB ..... BIG MAN.
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE BIG MAN.

Post by John »

Second that, no doubt at all that Michael is spot on. :-}}
Best regards

John
Janice Freeman
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer
Spam Protection: No

Post by Janice Freeman »

Totally agree. A splendid job Keith. And not forgetting all the other committee members who have a hand in keeping our club up and running, arranging events etc. Many thanks to one and all.

Janice :-}
"A good snapshot stops a moment from running away" Eudora Welty
Paul Jones
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by Paul Jones »

Seconded for Keith. I know the work involved in being Comp Sec and he's doing a grand job of it. :D

Whilst we're thanking people I'll also thank our chairman John Riley. A lot of what happens at ADAPS just wouln't happen if he didn't put all the hours in that he does. :D
Paul
================
http://www.PaulJones.org

"As usual Paul is absolutely correct."
"In short, Paul is an absolutely brilliant mentor."
collier15

Post by collier15 »

Yes i agree Paul but don't forget Gill and Leslie otherwise we would probably be sat there twiddling our thumbs waiting for something to happen on a Thursday night

Michael :-d
BydoR9
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by BydoR9 »

A huge shout out for Keith from me too! :-d He has done a fantastic job. Not knocking Theo, but Keith has done so much more since taking over. Getting ADAPS in to external comps and encouraging more people to enter the L&CPU just for starters. I don't how he finds the time - he mustn't sleep :-O

A massive thumbs up too of course for John, Gill, Lesley and Tracey for all their tireless and much appreciated work. :-]
BydoR9
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by BydoR9 »

Forgot to mention how much Gerry puts into the club as well. His themed evenings are very entertaining and informative. :-]
Mrs Sales

Post by Mrs Sales »

Mr Richardson goes to an awful amount of trouble with these comp entries,
to get all ready even from newbies like me. I know one of my images on the Purple must have drove him nuts but he persevered, thank you :-d

I think all the Committee at ADAPS are fantastic and agree with what has already been said but could I also give a mention to Sue Riley and Glenys for making us shy newcomers feel at home
and let's have a mince pie waved at Paul Jones too for all he puts into the forum

ooʇ dɐɥɔ (ɹǝǝuoᴉʇɔnɐ) uɐl∀ ʇɐɥʇ puɐ (ɹǝɹnsɐǝɹʇ ǝɥʇ) uooq ǝnS puɐ ɥo

:-d
... //(*_*)\\ ++++++ //(*_*)\\ ... Image
keith richardson
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by keith richardson »

Hi,

Thank you all for your kind comments :oops: , but I would not be able to do any of this without the full support of the committee and chairman, and also the assistance of the various members, particularly Tracey, Mike, Gerry, Jared, Andy and many others who often get nabbed and collared into helping in different ways, such as assisting with the selections, and providing images without complaint.
Thank you from me to everyone who has been involved in the last year.

But of course we would be nowhere without all the members getting out there in all weathers to pursue our nutty pastime, and spending ages sat in our own little worlds staring bleary eyed at a monitor. :shock: .

Keep it up, it's another busy year coming up. We are looking at entering bigger and better, ( as in National and even International ), competitions, and we will need those great shots you are all going to come in with.

I remember sleep, but it has been a while.

Keith.
Paul Jones
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by Paul Jones »

Mrs Sales wrote: and let's have a mince pie waved at Paul Jones too for all he puts into the forum
Aw, bless you Angelina. :D
Mrs Sales wrote: ooʇ dɐɥɔ (ɹǝǝuoᴉʇɔnɐ) uɐl∀ ʇɐɥʇ puɐ (ɹǝɹnsɐǝɹʇ ǝɥʇ) uooq ǝnS puɐ ɥo
I wondered how you did that.
˙˙˙ʇno ʇı pǝɹnƃıɟ ı uǝɥʇ
Paul
================

Gill Blower
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by Gill Blower »

I would just like to say thank you for your comments.

I think the rest of the committee will agree that John, Tracey, Paul and Keith take on the hardest roles and do a stirling job - but it is the committee as a whole and the members who make ADAPS one of the best clubs in the area.

Our 75th year has been a great success and I am looking forward to 2014.

See you soon

Gill x
Paul Jones
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by Paul Jones »

collier15 wrote: don't forget Gill and Leslie otherwise we would probably be sat there twiddling our thumbs waiting for something to happen on a Thursday night
Gill Blower wrote: I think the rest of the committee will agree that John, Tracey, Paul and Keith take on the hardest roles and do a stirling job - but it is the committee as a whole and the members who make ADAPS one of the best clubs in the area.
Well said Gill.

And Michael is right. Organising a syllabus of events for 50 weeks of the year takes a LOT of work. You and Lesley have my admiration. 8)
Paul
================