Digital Tuesday 6th May 2014

A place for discussions not specifically catered for elsewhere
merrymacdonald
Initiate
Initiate
Spam Protection: No

Digital Tuesday 6th May 2014

Post by merrymacdonald »

Just want to tell you I attended Digitial Tuesday last night, it was great - again! Information delivered by Gerry and Jared, telling us and showing us how to use a small number of tools in photoshop. Explaining, that more than one tool can be used to do the same job, it's a matter of personal preference. Very informative. Jared showed us how he did the watch shot - which was placed 2nd in the annual competition in the record catagory (may have been placed higher - can't remember). It was great to see how he set it up, he brought his light box and flash lights and we had the opportunity to use our own cameras and have ago ourselves. Brilliant night, thank you.
melbarnes
Vice Chair
Vice Chair
Spam Protection: No

Re: Digital Tuesday 6th May 2014

Post by melbarnes »

Digital Tuesday was really informative this week. I have just bought a light tent, so thanks Jared, I now know how to use it. It was really valuable to me to listen to Gerry's techniques for manipulating images. The only problem I have is remembering the steps, so I would like to buy the video he used to demonstrate the technique, and if It is now obsolete (it's based on Photoshop CS6) a short written handout would be welcome. My thanks go to Gerry and Jared for their efforts in passing on their knowledge - we have a great source of knowledge and expertise in ADAPS, and it's very generous of people to give their time to share their knowledge.
"Aim for the moon - if you miss you'll land amongst the stars."
canonsnap
Initiate
Initiate
Spam Protection: Maybe

Re: Digital Tuesday 6th May 2014

Post by canonsnap »

It is available and is approx £20 cheaper than what Gerry paid for it. There is a download version of it at £40 less than Gerry's copy. I think Gerry said his copy was CS4 whereas the one available now is CS6.