Australian photo comp

A place for discussions not specifically catered for elsewhere
keith richardson
Committee Member
Committee Member

Australian photo comp

Post by keith richardson »

Hi,

Was just wondering what had happened with the Australian Photo competition that we submitted pictures to a while ago, not heard anything for a while so was wondering how it went?

If I remember right Harry was organising it.

Keith.
Paul Jones
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer
Spam Protection: No

Post by Paul Jones »

Hi Keith

Yes, Harry was organising it. He's been in touch with Gem Camera Club of Kalamunda, western Australia - http://wasp.net.au/~raynval/

I'm not sure where he's got with it. We'll have to wait for him to update us.

Best regards
Paul
================
http://www.PaulJones.org

"As usual Paul is absolutely correct."
"In short, Paul is an absolutely brilliant mentor."
HarryG
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by HarryG »

Sorry I missed your message. Just returned from a few days in Tenby (even the horses at Blackpool stop for a drink of water).
Update: All the entries have been sorted, sized and bordered, and forwarded to the Gem Camera Club.
Had a few problems, the main one being that my ISP only allows a few megabytes per email so I have been sending around 4 every other day so as not to clog his inbox.
The show is also in a P2x format and as this was too big to email, along with the vocal intro, these had to be posted. I have since been given a better way to send, always helpful after the event.
I hope that our Assie friends are not too disapointed at the response ( around 8 members entered)
The problem now is viewing the result as all Thursday evenings are now booked, so it looks like summer or all round to my house for a beer and a black pudding.
H
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

When you are ready for the viewing just let me know and an evening can be provided. It just needs things shuffling around a bit.
Best regards

John
HarryG
Elite Member
Elite Member

Gem Comp

Post by HarryG »

Thanks John, I don't know how they are going to reply with the results. I stated that I wanted a winner and a runner up. so it could take a few mins or an evening. depending on if they give a commentry on each entry.
I don't know the likely winner but I did make my print considerably larger than anyone else's