Photographer

Washday

Post by Cookie »

John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: Washday

Post by John »

Oh, nice one Glenys! I love the colours on this, and you've included just the right framing. Super!
Best regards

John
Phil Jones
Spam Protection: No

Post by Phil Jones »

Hi Glenys.
Yes, I like it too. Nice bright colours and a nice record of somewhere that's presumably not the most affluent place in the world but where the residents have personal pride and self respect.
Regards,

Phil.
Paul Jones
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by Paul Jones »

Hi Glenys

Good vibrant colours. I like what you were shooting for here, a tourism pattern picture. I look for things like this when I'm out and about.

For me it may have worked better if you had gone wider instead of cropping in so tight. For example, by showing the tops of the window frames and more of the building. Just my opinion.

Thanks for posting.
Paul
================
http://www.PaulJones.org

"As usual Paul is absolutely correct."
"In short, Paul is an absolutely brilliant mentor."
Gordon Armstrong
Chair
Chair

Post by Gordon Armstrong »

Nice image with good colours and some nice repeating patterns. It gives a good sense of place.

I like spotting details like this but I always find it difficult to know where to crop. The crop line at the top works well along the window frames but I am not keen on the part doors at the bottom. I would have cropped out the daark band at the left hand side - I don't find it adds to the composition.
"People say that nothing is impossible, but some times I can do nothing all day"

Gordon
Cookie
Photographer
Photographer

Post by Cookie »

Thank you for the comments, all noted.
Phil Jones, all places have the good and bad sides to them. This was taken in Nice, France. There are many highly wealthy places around, but of course there are the not so wealthy places where a lot of the local people live. It is quite sad.

Glenys