#216 Peace

Enter our forum competitions here
LesleyD
Competitions Secretary
Competitions Secretary
Spam Protection: Maybe

#216 Peace

Post by LesleyD »

OK folks - I was trying to come up with a title that would mean different things to different people, and I’ve decided on ‘Peace’. What does that mean to you and can you come up with an image which conveys your sentiments about what it is?

Closing date - a couple of weeks - let’s go for Midnight on Saturday 16 February.

Lesley
LesleyD
Competitions Secretary
Competitions Secretary

Re: #216 Peace

Post by LesleyD »

APOLOGIES everyone! I can’t count, doh! The closing date for this competition should read MiDNIGHT, SATURDAY 23 FEBRUARY.

Lesley
JOJO
Elite Member
Elite Member
Spam Protection: No

Post by JOJO »

PicsArt_02-10-05.07.30.jpg
PicsArt_02-10-05.07.30.jpg (237.38 KiB) Viewed 11087 times
Joanne

"Anybody can be a great photographer if they zoom in enough on what they love." - David Bailey
Gordon Armstrong
Chair
Chair

Post by Gordon Armstrong »

fisherman buttermere 2.jpg
fisherman buttermere 2.jpg (447.2 KiB) Viewed 11004 times
Fly fishing at Buttermere. Always peaceful when I do it because I never catch anything!!!
"People say that nothing is impossible, but some times I can do nothing all day"

Gordon
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

035 At Peace with the World.jpg
035 At Peace with the World.jpg (323.48 KiB) Viewed 10995 times
One monkey, at peace with the world.
Best regards

John
Sue
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by Sue »

024.jpg
024.jpg (383.92 KiB) Viewed 10977 times
Best wishes

Sue
Pensioner

Post by Pensioner »

The calm and peace at Arnhem, scene of one of the most vicious and bloody battles of World War 2.
Peace in Arnhem.jpg
Peace in Arnhem.jpg (149.86 KiB) Viewed 10964 times
GRAHAM OTTY
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by GRAHAM OTTY »

Formby beach
Attachments
peace.jpg
peace.jpg (201.59 KiB) Viewed 10943 times
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Post by John »

The competition is now closed and we await our Judge!
Best regards

John
LesleyD
Competitions Secretary
Competitions Secretary

Post by LesleyD »

Well – this has been so difficult – Well done everyone. I love all the shots and each one just makes you feel all ahhhhhh …..

Jo – love the reflections and colours, figures on the far bank, nice and sharp. Think it needs something in the foreground, a small boat tethered up in the water maybe, but a lovely place, would be so nice for a peaceful walk!

Gordon – Fishing at Buttermere – The colours of this image are gorgeous - the rich, warm autumn hues on the far bank reflecting in the lake. I don’t think it really needs the bit of bank in the foreground, but that’s only my opinion, and it doesn’t detract from what is a stunning image.

John R – One Monkey – From the expression on the monkey’s face, he’s so at peace with the world. I wonder what he’s seen? His coat is sharp, with lots of detail, against a superb out of focus background.

Sue R – The colours of the reflections in the water are so attractive, especially of the blue sky, and the detail in the banking is pin sharp. Certainly a peaceful place to be, not a soul around! I think there are a couple of mallards swimming about. Another few seconds and maybe you could have got them against the lighter reflection of the sky.

Pensioner – What a fitting transformation from an area of so much horror to this calming and peaceful site. Again a pin sharp image, which would make a very interesting record shot in the upcoming annual competitions.

Graham – Formby Beach – You’ve certainly managed to capture this popular beach when it’s been peaceful and quiet. The sand and blue water are attractive, but the inclusion of the tree really sets it off, with the man and dog giving it scale. The foreground shadow is a bit heavy but it’s nevertheless a nice shot. Hope you bagged a few more while you were there.

So -

1st - Gordon
2nd - Graham
3rd - Sue

But it was really hard to decide, so well done everyone.

Lesley
Gordon Armstrong
Chair
Chair

Post by Gordon Armstrong »

Confession time.
Those rich autumn hues were taken in June and are green in the original. I was playing with Color Effex in the Nik software and I found this effect called “indian summer” which turned it autumnal. I masked out the fisherman so he stood out.

Gordon.
"People say that nothing is impossible, but some times I can do nothing all day"

Gordon