Enter our forum competitions here
BydoR9
Master Photographer
Master Photographer
Spam Protection: No

#231 Happy!

Post by BydoR9 »

And a happy New Year to you all!

With that in mind I thought, what better way to start the New Year and new decade off? A subject that might seem in short supply these days - being happy! :D

So lets see a positive spin to your entries, I'm looking for any theme/subject that makes you happy, anything that depicts being happy/happiness either figuratively or literally. It's a pretty open brief really.

You have until midnight Sunday 19th January - then we can all go back to being miserable again, ready for Brexit. ;-]

Andy.
John
Iconic Photographer
Iconic Photographer

Re: #231 Happy!

Post by John »

032 Christmas Markets 1000px.jpg
032 Christmas Markets 1000px.jpg (343.7 KiB) Viewed 5815 times
"Christmas Tourists" - a happy bunch of Japanese tourists at Manchester Christmas Markets.
Best regards

John
mikeaspinall
Master Photographer
Master Photographer
Spam Protection: Maybe

Post by mikeaspinall »

FATHER AND DAUGHTER - A VERY HAPPY PAIR.jpg
FATHER AND DAUGHTER - A VERY HAPPY PAIR.jpg (437.37 KiB) Viewed 5752 times
Daz Hanson
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Daz Hanson »

A Proud Grandad
A Proud Grandad
A7F2D34F-AFBB-4217-901C-4E9A82B01200.jpeg (285.5 KiB) Viewed 5694 times
BydoR9
Master Photographer
Master Photographer

Post by BydoR9 »

Happy? Not really…

3 entries! Well never mind, very grateful for the entries that I did get though.

Christmas Markets - John

Well I can only reiterate what was said by Graham on Thursday about this - a nice twist of having what looks like Japanese tourists having their picture taken instead of them taking the photos. That aside there are some amusing individual portraits here answering the brief of 'Happy'. I assume the white guy behind them is their translator/chaperone? Anyway, his expression is a good contrast to the rest of them. Good street shot.

FATHER AND DAUGHTER - Mike

Two family shots in this comp - this is a good 'en too Mike! Obviously taken at a Wedding, a very 'Happy' event, with both father and daughter looking their best, and being in genuine good spirits. Slight niggle about some minor background clutter, but all-in-all a fine shot!

A Proud Grandad - Daz

A proud grandad indeed! Some nice emotion being conveyed here - both of you are happy and enjoying a nice day out. Unfortunately I have to wear the photographer's hat and point out that the image is not in focus! Bit of a no-no really - saying that though, it's a photo record of your precious time with you grandson and means a lot to you and that means a great deal indeed.

Thank you once again guys for taking the time to enter I sincerely hope that the winner has better luck with the number of their entries.

Finally my chosen winner is Mike - ticks all the boxes in terms of portraying happiness, being and objectively good photograph and would highly likely be framed and displayed in a relative's house for years to come.

Over to you Michael! :D

Andy.
mikeaspinall
Master Photographer
Master Photographer
Spam Protection: Maybe

Post by mikeaspinall »

Cheers Andy.

Such a pity that you got such a poor response my friend. Maybe the time of year when we aren't so happy.